Poll: EB Super Slinky or Fender Super 250's (both same gauge)
Poll Options
View poll results: EB Super Slinky or Fender Super 250's (both same gauge)
EB Super Slinky
36 97%
Fender Super 250's
1 3%
Voters: 37.
Hello peoples.
I'm wondering which strings are better , Fender Super 250's or Ernie Ball Super slinkys.
There the same gauge ( i think ) 9 - 42's .
I'm currently not impressed with Fender strings because they have been randomly snapping while playing.

9 - 42's are suiting my music style imho .
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Personally, I've always preferred Ernie Ball as my string of choice.
I recommend giving them a try
Ernie Ball all the way.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx
Ernie Ball all the way.

+1

I hate Fender strings, they just don't feel right and they're the only ones that ever snapped on me.
The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ok . Should i just go buy a bulk pack of EB strings ( cos there on sale ) or should i wait till my strings need replacing ? And also , i try to practice guitar for at least 1hr a day . How often should i replace my strings?/Change.
Thanks
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Buying bulk in advance is generally cheaper, but I doubt you should buy strings for years in advance because if they will go bad after a few years, even when they're sealed air-tight.

Replace your strings as often as you want/can afford. I replace them when I find my strings sound dull or when they have trouble keeping their tuning. If a wound string that's been on your guitar for a while snaps you're best off throwing a whole fresh set on there because the wound ones are way brighter when they're new, whereas the plain ones don't sound all that different wether old or new (to me at least).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i too have had problems with fender strings snapping. And i just prefer the crispness of ernie balls.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Horlicks
Neither, D'addario last longer than both.

+1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Am I the only one who dislikes most D'Addario strings?
I like the EXP Acoustic Strings but I'm particularly fond of their regular phosphor bronze and electric strings. They're not exactly bad, but to me they feel very generic and a bit.. how shall I put this.. boring I guess.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've used Ernie Ball for about 6 months, but switched to D'Addario recently and I like them better.
Not even close between these two.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
+1 for D'Addario

Fender<<<<<<<<<<Ernie Ball<<<<D'Addario

^More like this
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by blue_strat
I've used Ernie Ball for about 6 months, but switched to D'Addario recently and I like them better.

exactly my situation.

btw, 21 (EB) - 0 (F)
HEEYAHHHH!!!!!!
O O

___
i'd say ernie ball, but move up to the Regular slinkys.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i'd say ernie ball, but move up to the Regular slinkys.

+1, i use regular slinky, and they NEVER break, ever. And i bash the hell out of them with a sharp brass thumbpick which scratches the hell out of my guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
fender strings are gay. ernie balls sound awesome and rarely break. they do rust really fast though,,,,,,
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i for one hate D'Addario i had no choice but to get them because the sam ash around me only have them in stock. otherwise i would've gone with ernie ball. i start seeing the strings rusting when not even a full week after i throw them on my strat and sg. and my room have a stable temperature of mild 70F
Quote by kckyle
i for one hate D'Addario i had no choice but to get them because the sam ash around me only have them in stock. otherwise i would've gone with ernie ball. i start seeing the strings rusting when not even a full week after i throw them on my strat and sg. and my room have a stable temperature of mild 70F

EBs will rust even faster.
Quote by Horlicks
EBs will rust even faster.

i really hope that is the case since i still have 3 packs of ddarios left. but from my past experience these ernie balls stayed in tone and are more lively after certain amount of time,
Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms ftw. But since that's not your preference, then by all means go with the Super Slinkies. Ernie Balls are way better than Fenders. Don't get the coated ones though, the first one broke in like a month and a half, which is like the same time between when I got regular ones and the high E broke. It's just a waste of money that you could use for a second pack.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.