hey UG, *hope im in the right place, if not, please notify me for another forum section*
i just got a new guitar today, the ESP LTD M100FM, and i just got a few things to ask.
this guitar comes with a Floyd Rose Licensed locking tremelo, i am unfamiliar with a floyd rose, i have read around online that "Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky" strings, 12 - 56, dont go good with the floyd rose, just want to clarify this true or false.

also, as i am new with a floyd rose, just asking for a few tips on tuning, as you probably guessed by my string choice, i downtune from drop C to A most of the time.
thank you in advance to anyone who has any information to help, i greatly appreciate it.
Quote by Sasms
tape a chainsaw to your dick then give all of them anal

Quote by Trefellin

Make a pipe bomb and detonate it in your face. Then, persuade one of the ER doctors to leave some of the shrapnel in.
Quote by aza_rock_god
hey UG, *hope im in the right place, if not, please notify me for another forum section*
i just got a new guitar today, the ESP LTD M100FM, and i just got a few things to ask.
this guitar comes with a Floyd Rose Licensed locking tremelo, i am unfamiliar with a floyd rose, i have read around online that "Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky" strings, 12 - 56, dont go good with the floyd rose, just want to clarify this true or false.

also, as i am new with a floyd rose, just asking for a few tips on tuning, as you probably guessed by my string choice, i downtune from drop C to A most of the time.
thank you in advance to anyone who has any information to help, i greatly appreciate it.

12-56 are fine...
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Quote by Epic_chef
12-56 are fine...

you will have to set it up with those strings tho, so you will have to add or remove springs etc etc
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
thank you, glad to know the 12-56 will be fine
another thing, any other tips about tuning and/or restringing with a floyd rose?
im new to it
Quote by Sasms
tape a chainsaw to your dick then give all of them anal

Quote by Trefellin

Make a pipe bomb and detonate it in your face. Then, persuade one of the ER doctors to leave some of the shrapnel in.
Quote by aza_rock_god
thank you, glad to know the 12-56 will be fine
another thing, any other tips about tuning and/or restringing with a floyd rose?
im new to it

The guitar probably came with 9s from the factory, so going to 12s will require a neck and bridge adjustment. If you've never done either of these, I suggest having someone show you for the first time.

Why do you want to use 12s anyway?