ok cos i feel like it, lets just throw logic and funding out the window. i've been thinking about what my dream rig would be, i thought you guys might like to help out...

so far:
a rack with:
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ISP Technologies Decimator
Korg Digital Tuner
Rocktron Limited Edition All Access LTD Foot Controller (or whatever may be better?)
and depending on which one is actually better, either a G-Force or G-System by TC Electronic.

Guitars:
A PRS of some kind
Gibson Les Paul
something by Edwards

Amps:
a 4x12 cab, either Mesa, Orange or something equally awesome

head:
either Deizel, Mesa, Soldano, Orange or Engl... not really sure whats best anymore.

anymore ideas? anything better than what i have here?
Searchbar... come on theres a million threads like this!

And no that looks like a good setup... but I would get both cab and head Engl and an SG instead of an LP.
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Don't know, but my dream rig would be somehting like this

Jimmy Page signature Black Les Paul with Bigsby Tremelo (or anorginal 60's black beatuy, either would be ok lol)

PRS maybe Santana model?

Early 100 watt Marshall JCM valve with 60's cabinet,

Ibanez Tube Screamer

Dunlop Wah

Univibe

What do you reckon?
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
Don't know, but my dream rig would be somehting like this

Jimmy Page signature Black Les Paul with Bigsby Tremelo (or anorginal 60's black beatuy, either would be ok lol)

PRS maybe Santana model?

Early 100 watt Marshall JCM valve with 60's cabinet,

Ibanez Tube Screamer

Dunlop Wah

Univibe

What do you reckon?

hmm nice and simple, i like... ive never been a fan of marshalls so im gonna be prejudiced against that, but thats just me...
Quote by ibanezshred503

oh my! whats that at the top?? and 3rd from the bottom??

but again..

oh my!
^ibzshred503, what model of LP is that? Never seen it before...
Lefty Black Gibson SG Special with EMG 60/85
15w Laney Hard Core Max
SG Commando

Quote by donkey the wise
I think plod just won the thread. All 1,019 pages of it. Won.
Quote by sideshowlinc
oh my! whats that at the top?? and 3rd from the bottom??

but again..

oh my!

If you mean in the rack, it's a Furman power conditioner at the top, and a wireless unit third from the bottom. Why you'd want the Sonic Maximiser, the Maxon OD and EMGs with a Herbert is beyond me. Also, the Diezel front loaded cab is a far better match for the Herbert than the rear loader.

As for dream rigs, I already have mine:

This guitar

Through this
Last edited by Nolly at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by sideshowlinc
ok cos i feel like it, lets just throw logic and funding out the window. i've been thinking about what my dream rig would be, i thought you guys might like to help out...

so far:
a rack with:
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ISP Technologies Decimator
Korg Digital Tuner
Rocktron Limited Edition All Access LTD Foot Controller (or whatever may be better?)
and depending on which one is actually better, either a G-Force or G-System by TC Electronic.

Guitars:
A PRS of some kind
Gibson Les Paul
something by Edwards

Amps:
a 4x12 cab, either Mesa, Orange or something equally awesome

head:
either Deizel, Mesa, Soldano, Orange or Engl... not really sure whats best anymore.

anymore ideas? anything better than what i have here?

Why would you want something from Edwards? You know they're the subdivision of ESP, much like Squier is of Fender?

Although they are very high quality, you might as well get a real ESP!
Quote by injected
Why would you want something from Edwards? You know they're the subdivision of ESP, much like Squier is of Fender?

Although they are very high quality, you might as well get a real ESP!

Just because they're a sub-division doesn't mean they're lesser quality than ESP's. It's still the same corporations but making different kinds of guitars.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
Just because they're a sub-division doesn't mean they're lesser quality than ESP's. It's still the same corporations but making different kinds of guitars.

Well i did say they were high quality, which they are. Some lower models start at like $800-1000...

I mean they're great and i would love to own one, but they basically make esp's in cheaper form. Like I'm pretty sure they make F-series guitars that are the same as esp's with some differences which obviously lower the price(they're cheaper than esp's)

On topic:

Last edited by injected at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by Nolly
If you mean in the rack, it's a Furman power conditioner at the top, and a wireless unit third from the bottom. Why you'd want the Sonic Maximiser, the Maxon OD and EMGs with a Herbert is beyond me. Also, the Diezel front loaded cab is a far better match for the Herbert than the rear loader.

As for dream rigs, I already have mine:

This guitar

Through this

that is ****ing awesome man. u truly did accomplish the dream. *golf clap*
Quote by sideshowlinc
hmm nice and simple, i like... ive never been a fan of marshalls so im gonna be prejudiced against that, but thats just me...

Thats cool, they are only one after all, Crate's hjave some nice clean tones, but the distortion isnl;t to my taste, but the Laney's donl;t sound too bad either, not real expereinced in amps. Yeah its a simple set up. I play loits of Blues and Clasic rock, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Hendrix, led Zeppelin etc, so the simple set up is good for that stuff!
Quote by davedoom
that Genz-Benz combo looks vile and they don't sound amazing either.

I tried one and i found the distortion is very creamy and smooth in a way. Kind of a mesa-ish distortion, but the mesa's are usually very chunky and full and the genz benz are much smoother.
I'll just settle for Eddie Van Halen's '68 plexi & cab, & maybe his original Frankenstein.
That should keep me going for a while !
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by injected
I tried one and i found the distortion is very creamy and smooth in a way. Kind of a mesa-ish distortion, but the mesa's are usually very chunky and full and the genz benz are much smoother.

Another way to describe creamy, is fuzzy - which it is when it comes to rhythm.
If I got a better cab for my Legacy head (ideally a Mesa Recto cab), maybe switched out the groove tubes for something better, and switched out the Seymour Duncans in my Jackson for Dimarzios, then I'd honestly have the rig I'd want. However, my absolute dream rig would probably be:

A Jackson Kelly

And a Jackson 7 string for super metulz

Maybe an Ibanez RG or S as well, through a Soldano SLO100

And maybe a Bogner Ecstasy or something running in stereo for a more American sound, but honestly it's not necessary. I don't have much of a need for pedals, a quality rack delay would be nice but that's about it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
I'm a simple guy.Just gimme a Jackson KE2 and a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier for my metal needs.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Guitars

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Amps

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Effects

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
i know, i am a gear wh☺re. my guitar teacher actually has two space echoes and I'm thinking of making him an offer for one of them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Let's all make fun of the lefty freak, Jhachey!
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X

Oh yeah, I own that schecter LOLOOL. So basically I have 1/3 of my dream rig.
Marshall JMP-1
Marshall EL84 20:20
TC Electronics G Major
Two orange PPC212

Marshall JTM 30
Fender GE112 with Vintage 30

MXR Micro Amp
VOX V847 with true bypass
A/B/Y box

Fender American Strat
Jackson SL3
Gibson Les Paul Classic