many people think its easy but jesus its a lot harder that i thought
does anyone have any tips on how to sing while playing guitar?

please no tips like noe ur riff from the back of my hand cuz that doesnt really help at all!
practise with easy songs with only chords and build upon that, for example I thought it would be impossible to play seven nation army and sing because of the differing rhythms but now its easy cos I started with things like Everlong and such
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Yeah, just go from easier to harder rhythms.

Play along with backing tracks or something maybe so that you don't go out of time aswell.
Learn the guitar part properly and start practicing by humming the lyrics while playing. Eventually you'll be able to actually say the words while playing.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by druz15_UG
practise with easy songs with only chords and build upon that, for example I thought it would be impossible to play seven nation army and sing because of the differing rhythms but now its easy cos I started with things like Everlong and such

yeah that makes sense. thanks
know how to sing it properly, and focus on singing it without playing it. i used to fall into the trap of thinking singing was just a little something extra to add on to what i was playing, and so vocals suffered.

make sure your diaphragm is working properly. often when things are complex rhythm-wise, you start singing from the throat, which is no good.
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
This can be troublesome but there is a very easy solution.

All you need to do is slow the riff/progression down, even if you know it perfectly, and just whisper the lyrics along with the song at the slowed speed. Eventually you will get the rhythm of the lyrics going really smoothly with the rhythm of the riff, and then its easy to speed it back up to normal speed, and you can start adding the actual notes of the singing.

Good Luck
Quote by single-coil
know how to sing it properly, and focus on singing it without playing it. i used to fall into the trap of thinking singing was just a little something extra to add on to what i was playing, and so vocals suffered.

make sure your diaphragm is working properly. often when things are complex rhythm-wise, you start singing from the throat, which is no good.

ah yeah! focus on singing it without playing thats helpful!
and check out john mayer's "who did you think i was?" for a bit of a challenge. master guitar and vocals on that and you're set
being sarcastic there? hard to tell. if you were, then shut up and take notes.

Practise singing it without playing it and then bring the two together. It'll help
hey bro theres not much u can except do what everyone else has said and actually just go and try it like try singing along even if ur ****ing it all up for me after a few tries its all good
Quote by single-coil

i guess thats kind of what im doing right now, using singing as just a add on, i might take your advice and try build up my voice separately first
Quote by single-coil
being sarcastic there? hard to tell. if you were, then shut up and take notes.

Practise singing it without playing it and then bring the two together. It'll help

lol.. i wasnt being sarcastic really i wasnt
im trying to learn hey there delilah it seems quite hard but like you's sed im guna keep practising. gee you folks are really helpful!
You are not playing.

You are not singing.

You are watching and listening to someone who happens to look and sound exactly like you sing and play at the same time.

It works for me.
Quote by dimeybag
many people think its easy but jesus its a lot harder that i thought
does anyone have any tips on how to sing while playing guitar?

please no tips like noe ur riff from the back of my hand cuz that doesnt really help at all!

Practice.

There really is no other way, you just have to get used to it.
I used to be able to play and sing, but because I stopped playing guitar for a good 6 months, when I started playing again it wasn't as easy. The other day I was messing around and singing words to go with the chords I was playing haha. You don't need any structure or anything and can just improvise as you go along.

Like for example whilst you're playing A minor sing "She fell in the bath and suffered a minor injury to her ankle la la laa..."

Once you get used to doing the two things at once then you can try doing some easy songs and work your way up. Good luck :]