Why isn't there a single tommy emmanuel Song in the Fingerstyle section of the What song thread? He's a great fingepicker and im trying to study his style but there isn't alot of what i call 'good' tableture out there for him. But is there a reason he ain't there?
i would guess because he's just so good he doesn't need recommendation.

plus, none of his stuff can be tabbed. everything he wrote is by ear, so it only makes sense you figure it out by ear.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
If you want to learn some of his songs I suggest:

Mombasa

or

Angelina

I've learnt mombasa fairly recentley and have just started learning angelina
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by about
plus, none of his stuff can be tabbed. everything he wrote is by ear, so it only makes sense you figure it out by ear.

ehh?
=D
Quote by about
i would guess because he's just so good he doesn't need recommendation.

A better way to put it, is that his stuff is pretty difficult and nobody will tab it.
You may not get a good tab, but, like the tab for Somewhere Over The Rainbow you can get the basic outline and then you can ad-lib a bit, make it more your own. Especially with things like the cascading harmonics, its far easier to put what chord he is using and then to learn the technique then to actually tab it out. It would just be far to confusing. Watch and listen to him playing the song and then add things in etc...

The official what songs thread is pretty incomplete though atm, I believe it hasn't been updated in a while.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Oct 14, 2008,