what would be a good thrash metal/metalcore/hard rock amp for $500?? I would prefer if iot could be tube or hybrid. some examples of the bands i play are: avenged sevenfold, testament, metallica, megadeth, atreyu and rush.

thanks
Is it for home practice or gigging?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
Is it for home practice or gigging?

for now its only home practicing, and i dont think ill be gigging any time soon
You should probably look into some type of modelling amp like a Roland Cube or Peavy Vypyr. I have the cube and it is great for metal. I haven't played the Peavey yet but it is supposed to be really good for a modelling amp.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Tube-Amp?sku=482912

I agree with the vypyr idea lol. Thats only if you can play it loud where you live, because tube amps only sound good when they are turned up pretty loud. If not, get like a spider 3 combo or somethin but try it out first. Some people dont like the tone of spider and some love em
Well very few people on here like the tone of spider amps. I might suggest a peavey valveking with an overdrive pedal, since quite a few people use that combination on here.

That vypyr looks interesting too. Haven't seen much new gear recently, since I've been busy. Anyway, wait a little while, and you'll get lots more suggestions from people here.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
ive played valve kings man, Hes lookin for a metal distortion. The valve kings just dont sound right to me man. Spiders have some good tones for a solid state if you mess with it enough
Spider III 75w, Peavey Vypyr 30-75w, Roland Cube.

Having played all three, the Vypyr is your best bet
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Used mesa DC-2 or RG50TC
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.