Today One of my friends was feelin like the world was against him so he was sayin that he was goin to kill himself out in the desert. He has this abanded van that he goes to all the time about three miles out and thats where he said he was going to hang himself so he was tellin other people where it was sayin if you don't hear from him go look for him at his van.
He was all wasted so i thought he was gonna go home and pass out turns out he went to his van and actually tried to do it thank god god the rope broke but now he says he still has suicidal thoughts what do you think i should say to him besides the obvious?

Has this happend to anyone else?
Ask him to explain his thoughts and feelings to you or someone he can confide in.
Talk with his parents.
Talk with his friends.
Suggest professional counselling.
'Blow his ****ing head off

Edit:

Jk

I know a friend who went threw a similar situation....

We all thought it was funny as hell when he said he wanted to kill himself n shit, cuz we all thought he wasn't serious....

then one day he tried to hang himself in his bathroom, luckily his sister came home from work just in time to save his ass.

Then he went to serious consoling (as suggested above) and went twice a week, it really helped him out cuz he was able to express everything he felt to a person who wasn't a ****ing jokester (cuz pretty much everyone in our group of friends is like that)

and since then me and him always discussed issues on similar ground, it's really great to just talk to your friends every once in a while, even if it doesn't really solve anything, or the person doesn't think so anyway, cuz it won't build up inside at the end.

Unfortunately me and him had a fallout due to my bitch ex-girlfriend and her spreading rumors shit, but I really wonder how he is doing......

and I lost his number a while ago
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Last edited by Mav-16 at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat
Ask him to explain his thoughts and feelings to you or someone he can confide in.
Talk with his parents.
Talk with his friends.
Suggest professional counselling.

All these, especially the latter. By the sounds of it, he needs some professional assistance.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Quote by Masamune
If he was telling everyone he was probably just looking for attention. Someone that genuinely wants to kill them self usually don't do that.

actually they do.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by wiggy1988
actually they do.

Really?

meh, I've always been told that suicidal people become very anti-social and don't tell anyone about their problem.
Everything there is to say has already been said by blue strat so... uhh... suck him off?

Edit: sorry for being an asshole. Just take Mr strat's advice.
Last edited by imdeth at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by Masamune
Really?

meh, I've always been told that suicidal people become very anti-social and don't tell anyone about their problem.

well they do, but at the same time they tend to talk about doing themselves in, in a kind of offhand manner while waiting for a response from the person they're talking to.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
The shitty thing is this aint the first time i had to deal with this
my little cuz hung her self when she heard that her friend shot himself with a shot gun that was a shitty ass year i was the one that took her down and 1 of my good friends i met when i went to a new school hung herself too i ****in hate that shit it pisse me off big time

And when 1 of my older sisters did the same thing that shit ****ed me up a whole lot......dam i miss her.......

i miss them all....
Quote by 234!
my little cuz hung her self when she heard that her friend shot himself with a shot gun that was a shitty ass year i was the one that took her down and 1 of my good friends i met when i went to a new school hung herself too i ****in hate that shit it pisse me off big time

And when 1 of my older sisters did the same thing that shit ****ed me up a whole lot......dam i miss her.......

Oh my.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
You need to stop going near people, your a bad omen

And on a serious note - .....:O
I say let him do whatever the **** he wants. If he really wants to die let him. It's not like the death of a friend who feels that commiting a sin by killing one of God's creatures is a stress relief will have any permanent negattive feedback. People live, people die. As long as he's not hurting innocent creatures I feel no reason to stop him. Let him make his own decision.

Because the tighter you lock the bird up in it's cage the more hurt you will be when it falls to the ground.
Quote by 234!

i miss them all....

*hug*