Poll: wich guitar would you pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: wich guitar would you pick?
fender american deluxe (sss)
14 20%
fender american deluxe (hss)
34 49%
fender american deluxe (ash with sss)
9 13%
music man silhouette
7 10%
music man steve morse signature
6 9%
Voters: 70.
Hello.
I've been looking around some guitars to replace my fender mexican stratocaster to something better.
i have some guitars in mind, a fender american deluxe (hss or sss doubting, ash version doubting also) or a musicman silhouette. i will purchase them in guitarcenter, so i link you the guitars im insterested in (i accept suggestions about other guitars also, but it shoud be same price).

i usualy play blues and rock.

here are the guitars im doubting about.
fender american deluxe ash: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Deluxe-Ash-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511143-i1146711.gc
fender american deluxe: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511142-i1146705.gc
the HHS version: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Deluxe-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-102547841-i1146719.gc
and the silhouette: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Music-Man-Silhouette-Special-HSS-with-Tremolo-515175-i1148608.gc
or the steve morse: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Music-Man-Steve-Morse-Signature-Model-Electric-Guitar-515553-i1148746.gc

edit: i am looking for a versatile guitar since i dont only play blues and rock, even if it's mostly what i play. but i think all of them are very versatile.
Last edited by somnus_111 at Oct 13, 2008,
100% stop the poll
Sorry, but how do you like ur strat
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
If you have to ask strangers as to how to spend your had erned, then maybe you shouldn't splash out.

Head down to a music store and give them a test run.

Your guitar will scream out to you in your hands.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My Gear;
1962 Gretsch Tennessee Rose w/ Hilo trons
1985 Fender Stratocaster MIJ
VOX AC30

Vox Wah
Marshal Echohead 2
sorry about the poll, just wanted to make it more visual, didn't knew it bothered you. will see how i can remove it.
i cant go to the store because i cant find those models where i live (barcelona, spain), but my father is going to chicago in few, so i will ask him to bring me one. that is the main reason why i am asking, in spain its almost imposible to find a musicman, and the fender deluxe its hard to find + it costs double price.
no dont worry its just that i was first to vote lol :P
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
ok, didn't get it at first. my english is a bit rusty since i haven't practiced it in a while. but hey , it is still 100% for the hss.
they are all just so good rated and well balanced... i bareley know the diferences between them to be able to choose correctly i think.... anyone could give me a hint about them, for example the diference in soud between hss or sss in the fender, or the ash sss and the normal sss?
the ash will be a bit brighter and twangier sounding, more for blues or country maybe, while the normal has an alder body which is more of a jack of all trades as far as tone goes
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
thanks, so it will not be the ash version but the alder one. there is soo much choice for guitars at 1000-1500$, and since i've just owned my mex fender, its even harder to imagine what that guitar could be.
correct me if im wrong, but the hss version will give me the same versatility as the sss version, but will boost rock sounds because of the humbucker and the sss will boost blues sound right?
You really can't go wrong with an american strat... hss or sss, unless your into crazy high gain uber metal. And, if you're interested in Musicman, go try the Lukather model (Musicman Luke), plays like a dream and its versatile. I would have bought one myself but it was a little out of my price range.
i put the ash with sss but i meant to put the american hss so yea just so you know i ****ed that up
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by punk_rocker101
i put the ash with sss but i meant to put the american hss so yea just so you know i ****ed that up

hahah, np dude, next poll i'll think about making bigger buttons where you can click
You really can't go wrong with an american strat... hss or sss, unless your into crazy high gain uber metal. And, if you're interested in Musicman, go try the Lukather model (Musicman Luke), plays like a dream and its versatile. I would have bought one myself but it was a little out of my price range.

im looking at the music man luke,,, i think before goig for the luke i would go for the petrucci.. gives me better vibes.
it's just music man guitars are so cool and look so elegant, but on the other side fender is..well, fender . im freaking out reading tons of reviews, just make things harder to decide, and i've got 5 days to choose and can't try them out.
I'm sure the Petrucci is good too. I just suggested the Luke because I've played one. Anyway, If you can't try them out, I would just research and get as many opinions as possible from the people who own or have played one. Then, make a decision and hope, unless you could somehow wait and try them out. I'll reiterate though, American + Fender = Win.

Edit: Also, when you get up in that price range, there's a pretty good chance you'll end up with a pretty good guitar.
Last edited by blackie88 at Oct 14, 2008,
yes, american fender is a sure bet. but i got the fender mexican and i will change the machine heads for the deluxe ones, will change probably the pickups to put maybe fender vintage or seymour duncan ones, and will probably get the slr nut. that will upgrade the fender... and each time i look at music man guitars, i feel more quality out of it, dunno, maybe just an impression.
ok... then i hope i choose wiseley btw, a mex strat standard with the deluxe machine heads, some seymour duncan and a lsr nut will really have a noticeable upgrade from the standard version?
If you've already got a single coil, the musicman would probably be the best for giving you the most options for sound, but the H/S/S american strat would probably be the most versatile of all those, if you plan on not using your mexican strat anymore
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i plan on upgrading it with the components i said before if they give the mex strat a noticeable upgrade, so i still play a while with it . (i feel kinda attached to my first original fender)
If you're gonna do the upgrades I would go for the Music Man. That way you'd have an absolutely killer guitar and a killer backup.
its probably what ill do, but music man guitars are so strange for me... gonna be hard to chose one
i say get an SSS american deluxe, and convert your mexican into a HSS or HSH.

best of both worlds.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
i say get an SSS american deluxe, and convert your mexican into a HSS or HSH.

best of both worlds.

yes, but since it will be my second guitar, i would want something that sounds some diferent than my fender. that is why i am going for a music man, but still havent chosen the model between the steve morse, petrucci, luke, and silhouette version
im the end, i will almost sureley get a music man luke :P i watched it and it liked me more than petrucci's.
thank you everyone.
I have had American,Japanese and Mexican teles and strats.I also have an old 6 bolt silhouette and its in a different league to the fenders. I do like Fenders its just the silo is pure class.Better built ,better woods and better feel.I love it.
yes, i felt it. i had the chance to try a petrucci after 3 days going around guitar shops and it was simple awesome. my father is gonna get me this one on saturday:
http://www.goodmusic.com/guitar_index.php?prod=eguitar&page=11

petrucci +piezo at a price lower than i would get an american standard here in spain. just fell inlove with its sound and tact... when i get that one i just hope my girlfriend understands why i am going to spend all week with that beauty...