After a lot of searching around for a cheap 2x12 cab in the UK i've narrowed it down to the following:

Laney GS212ie
http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_gs212ie.htm

Harley Benton G212 Vintage
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

I just can't decide which would be the best buy to go with my new Mesa Single rectifier head.

The Vintage 30's in the Harley Benton seem to have really good reviews online compared to the seventy 80's in the Laney, which seem to be mediocre at best and many mid priced combos have them stock. However, I'm wary of the construction quality of the Harley Benton due to the low price (while including such good speakers) and not a lot of information available online. However, saying that the Laney is built in China so i have doubts to the quality of construction in that cab too.

The Laney is slightly deeper than the Harley Benton so i assume that would help with the bass response, though i've heard the seventy 80 speakers have a distinct lack of bass.

I have also hear that the Harley Benton is made at the same factory as Framus cabs, which seem to have a good reputation, no idea how reputable this information is though???

So as you can see i'm in a bit of a muddle. I can't really afford anything more than £200 and avatar and vadar cabs are out of the question.

If anyone has any views on either of these cabs or speakers all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

If you're gonna spend the money to get a Mesa in the UK, at least buy a high-end cab.
^^Totally agree with you, Horlicks.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Dear GOD man!!! Its a bit like a Ferrari with a 1.2 - it may look complete, but it won't do an awful lot.
You should just seriously save or you should have bought a cheaper head in the first place like a VH100 and made do with a matched laney cab.....
ok thanks guys, ^ i thought buying a head that will last me and is my dream amp would be better than settling for something cheaper that doesn't sound how i want, maybe i'm wrong.....also i didn't pay the full retail price and didn't end up paying more for the mesa than i would have the Laney.

Thanks for the suggestion steven, i've heard lots of good reviews of that cab so will definately consider it.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Say hi to Lois for me!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Say hi to Lois for me!

Don't you be getting any ideas in your head Quagmire.
Quote by Horlicks
Don't you be getting any ideas in your head Quagmire.
Too late!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION