Now that I've actually got a job and am getting some sort of income, I'm thinking it's new amp time. I'm looking to get an amp that will work well with any stompboxes, multi-fx or other pedals that I want to plug into it. I'm not sure of my budget, and given the current state of the stock market, the price of guitar gear will probably increase considerably in Australia. But right now, let's say US$400 (which is AU$600). Will that get me much? I'm not really fussed if it is a tube amp or SS, I'd like it to be big enough for band practice and small-scale gigging.

Cheers.
If you want a cheap, reliable, workhorse amp that's loud enough to gig with and has a nice, flat clean channel for pedals look at the Peavey Bandit.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/peavey/index.htm

You should be able to find a used one even in Australia - those things last forever.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have an epiphone valve junior halfstack that i use with my pedals and it sounds great.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
tube amps usually work very good with pedals.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by steven seagull
If you want a cheap, reliable, workhorse amp that's loud enough to gig with and has a nice, flat clean channel for pedals look at the Peavey Bandit.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/peavey/index.htm

You should be able to find a used one even in Australia - those things last forever.

I agree. The co-guitarist in my last band ran a sizable pedalboard into the clean channel of his and it works very well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
the bandit is a good sujestion but id rocemend one of those balck heart stacks. its the samd as an epi vavle pretty much but with a eq on it
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube