Hey UG!

I own an Ampeg 6x10SVT cabinet and a Warwick Pro Fet 5.1. The RMS rating on the cab is 600w at 4 ohms. The Pro Fet puts out 500w at 4. Am I damaging my cab by under powering it? If so, then what would be a decent amp? Please no Ampeg suggestions... I have tried the 4-pro and 2-pro on the 6x10, and it's not the sound I am going for.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
no your not damaging it, but your not getting the full wattage out of your stack though
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
by not using the full wattage, what am I sacrificing besides volume? Because, I have plenty of that from my Corvette $$.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
No, you're good there.

Good ratio,

Your not sacrificing anything, but you do have some headway which is good incase your amp peaks.

is you match up the wattages as the right ohms etc. and its all perfect;y matched up, and your haed peaks, your putting some risk to your cabs being damaged. but having the 100Watts headway, you are steering clear of this

killer gear btw.
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Just be careful not to clip the output of the power amp, if you do, your putting a DC signal across the speakers and that will kill it, better to have a head unit that is equal or greater (watts) than the cab. A 50 watt amp at full volume will kill a 1000 watt cab. Just dont have the output on 10 my friend Have fun
What's the impedence of the cab? Some 610's are 6 ohms. Anyway, the only way you'll damage a cab by underpowering it is if you crank your small amplifier to the point of severe power amp clipping, and I don't think that'll be the case here.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..