Page 1 of 2
I just got back from work, feeling sorry for the world.

I work at a guitar shop, yayy, but i had to deal with the biggest retard in the world today.

This emo kid, about my age (16 or so) came in wielding a gig bag, i asked him wheter i could help, he replyed:
"Yeah, erm, can you sell this guitar for me please?" as we do sell guitars on behalf of people and take a share ourselves.

"Lets take a look"

So he pulls a jackson RR out of this gig bag, the swirly kind, with the duncans and a floyd rose, and i look at him dumbfounded.

"Why is there paint everywhere?"
"i wanted to paint all hte bit red so it matched"
"You do realise you've pretty much ****ed the whole guitar up, this is unsellable unless its just body and neck"
"Erm can you still sell it?"
"Oh come on seriously, you've spray painted it, the whole guitar is a mess, theres paint on the fretboard too"
"Ill take my busienss elsewhere"

Sure, im not an asshole to my customers, but in this case, i had to air my feelings about this complete tard.

any other employees had similar expierinces?
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
What a little shit.

Saw a kid trying to convince his buddy that his Les Paul Studio was an actual '59 Les Paul once. I found it hilarious but I didn't say anything.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It isnt the first time though!

I got into work late last christmas to find a squier strat that had a buckled pickguard (Split totally in two) and it had been sprayed yellow, thankfully only hte bridge got affected (The scratchplate too)
But that was only a squier.

But a f*cking RR!

Some people.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by PCSpeaker
It isnt the first time though!

I got into work late last christmas to find a squier strat that had a buckled pickguard (Split totally in two) and it had been sprayed yellow, thankfully only hte bridge got affected (The scratchplate too)
But that was only a squier.

But a f*cking RR!

Some people.

It was only an RR3. Jeez.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It was only an RR3. Jeez.

Hey! theres nothing wrong with RR3's

RR1's cost too much
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
Hey! theres nothing wrong with RR3's

RR1's cost too much

I didn't mean to offend.

I'm just saying that it's not like the kid painted over an RR1 or an RR5.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Those RRs with the swirls are absolutely beautiful!!! Why the hell would you wanna spray it? Yet alone try and respray it YOURSELF?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I'm not an employee of a music store, but I once saw this huge kid trip over a drum set. It fell, and all of the drum sets went domino-style down.
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
Quote by The Jezereck
i work for the cable company, i see stupid shit all the time

I bet.

You should see how we wired up our illegal cable.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
The moments kids trip over shit are the funniest.

Unless its something expensive, hence why we suspend all expensive gear up high, strapped to the wall.

Our last casualty was a JCM 900 head earlier this year, it was sat there, and this kid grabbed some shitty ripoff BC Rich from the wall, spun around wiht it, twatted the head and it sorta just rolled forward.

It was a slo-mo moment, me and my colleauge were like "NOOOOOOO BR00TAL METULZ TONEZ!!!!" and then SMASH!

that kid got banned from the shop for life.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Quote by PCSpeaker
The moments kids trip over shit are the funniest.

Unless its something expensive, hence why we suspend all expensive gear up high, strapped to the wall.

Our last casualty was a JCM 900 head earlier this year, it was sat there, and this kid grabbed some shitty ripoff BC Rich from the wall, spun around wiht it, twatted the head and it sorta just rolled forward.

It was a slo-mo moment, me and my colleauge were like "NOOOOOOO BR00TAL METULZ TONEZ!!!!" and then SMASH!

that kid got banned from the shop for life.

Lawl, reminds me of a time that I went to Long & McQuade and a kid had tripped over an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and snapped the headstock.

He almost cried.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I bet.

You should see how we wired up our illegal cable.

hehe yeah i have this one guy i constantly catch stealing cable so one day i went and grabbed the cable line and just pulled on it as hard as possible (he lives in a trailer and the cable was just ran through the wall hanging loose). Heard a loud crash and just chuckled and left.
Quote by The Jezereck
hehe yeah i have this one guy i constantly catch stealing cable so one day i went and grabbed the cable line and just pulled on it as hard as possible (he lives in a trailer and the cable was just ran through the wall hanging loose). Heard a loud crash and just chuckled and left.

You destroyed the one tv that guy can ever afford.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Lawl, reminds me of a time that I went to Long & McQuade and a kid had tripped over an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and snapped the headstock.

He almost cried.

and i though my friend snapping a string was bad enough, im always so careful when im in a guitar shop, i carry them like pressure sensitive explosives.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
how do you know he was emo? was he crying or something when he came in?
Quote by dan ramP
and i though my friend snapping a string was bad enough, im always so careful when im in a guitar shop, i carry them like pressure sensitive explosives.

I always watch my step in guitar stores.

Though I couldn't help but trip all over the cables when I had visited a Guitar Center.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I wish I had things like that happen to me. I love making people feel stupid when they've done something of supreme stupidity. No joke either.

But really, you had every right to shoo that trouble maker out of the store.
I never like to hang the guitars back up either, the guy on the counter always watches me as i do it.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Its fine as long as you hang em up right.

Stupidest thing I've ever done was when we got a new Ampeg halfstack in, hooked it up and my colleauge comes in with this pedal that increases the bass frequencies or soemthing, sorta like a boost for the amp.

We turn the amp up and hit hte thing, he noodles around for about 30 seconds when one of hte customers points out most of the guitars have moved so far forward off their hangers that theyre going to fall, due to the frequencies rattling them.

Coulda been funny..

and expensive.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

I hate putting guitars back on the rack, always feel its gonna fall on me or something especially when they hang by the headstock and you gotta angle it a bit cause the headstock is skinny for example. My ass is as tight as a 16 yr old virgin on her first date walking through music stores sometimes, I dunno why. Just don't want to break anything thats all, so I move ever so slowly, trying to act cool. No fast sudden movements I'm sometimes a klutz so last thing I wanna do is break something that isn't mine. Besides, most music stores are jammed, not much room to move and products everywhere. On the floor, hanging up high, its like an obstacle course.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
We have alot of space between things, IE we now put halfstacks in the middle of hte guitar room, 2 m gap, guiars on stands line the room with hangs above, minimal risk of damage, unless your a tard and step on the 2 Les Pauls in the open cases on the floor.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Quote by PCSpeaker
We have alot of space between things, IE we now put halfstacks in the middle of hte guitar room, 2 m gap, guiars on stands line the room with hangs above, minimal risk of damage, unless your a tard and step on the 2 Les Pauls in the open cases on the floor.

If I ever went to your store, I'd step on them for shits and giggles.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Theyre lefties anyway, no one cares about them :P
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Quote by PCSpeaker

Everyone walks by and looks disgusted. It's like seeing lepers on the street or something.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
My most hated is still having to walk around the acoustic room in this one local guitar shop. For starters, throughout the entire store there is barley enough room to walk single file and of course you always have those jerks who just push their way by you. Now I can deal with this when I'm checking out Epiphones or their used section but I get scarred as **** when I go into the acoustic room. As soon as all I can see is 3K+ price tags or when I walk by their Fender display which Promenantly displays collectors edition Fenders my whole body just tenses up and I take no more than half or quarter steps.
Quote by Shabadoo
My most hated is still having to walk around the acoustic room in this one local guitar shop. For starters, throughout the entire store there is barley enough room to walk single file and of course you always have those jerks who just push their way by you. Now I can deal with this when I'm checking out Epiphones or their used section but I get scarred as **** when I go into the acoustic room. As soon as all I can see is 3K+ price tags or when I walk by their Fender display which Promenantly displays collectors edition Fenders my whole body just tenses up and I take no more than half or quarter steps.

nice pun, in a music store, taking half and quarter steps.. ooo your such a sly guy
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by PCSpeaker

hey, watch it, bub. us lefties could kick you ass with our right hands tied behing our backs.

jk.lol.

best story ever is when i saved $2000+ worth of gear

so i'm sitting there, plying some hendrix and some SRV (poorly ) on a RI reverb deluxe. this guy walks in and he listens to me for a bit. we start talking about gear and sh*t and then he notices this blue burst ibanez on the wall. he walks over and pick it off the wall, strums it a couple times, takes a step back, and that's when the horror/awesomeness began (depends on how much you like the following gear).

he falls all over the digitech/boss pedalboard and snaps the a couple of boss ones open (the little screwy thing that hold them closed broke), drops the guitar and (best part) falls into a line 6 tube full stack. fortunately, i was right beside him, so i caught the guitar, then helped him up. fortunately/unfortunately, (once again, depends on how much you like the following gear) there was a huge drum/cymbal rack behind the stack that caught it. it was put there 3 days ago. lol.

anyways, the guitar was $1,100, the stack was $900 and the pedals were probably another 500$-700$ (so didn't save a couple of pedals, big whoop. it was a DS-1, and MT-2 and a DD-3).

anyways, i go in there that next day and the manager (who wasn't there the day before) recognized me from the security footage. we shared a laugh over it and now i know all the guys in the store pretty well. he joked that i could be the professional catcher. lol.

sorry for the wall of text.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Oct 13, 2008,
My local shop is a bit quiet,so i try to keep it this way. no one really cranks anything in there.
One day i brung my friend there so we could pick out his first guitar, and of course i tell him to keep it quiet, because they kind of like the silence that remains throughout the store.

a few months later we went to guitar center, and the employees pre-set the amps cranked like a motherfacker, and mostly leave them that way after testing whatever you ask them to, then they give you a try. I start out playing blood and thunder on a jackson dkmg, and my buddies like "BRO, turn it down! come on dude, its really ****ing loud"

mind you im playing through a krank revouloution 100w combo.
Digital Distribution sucks.
Quote by Jhachey22
hey, watch it, bub. us lefties could kick you ass with our right hands tied behing our backs.

jk.lol.

best story ever is when i saved $2000+ worth of gear

so i'm sitting there, plying some hendrix and some SRV (poorly ) on a RI reverb deluxe. this guy walks in and he listens to me for a bit. we start talking about gear and sh*t and then he notices this blue burst ibanez on the wall. he walks over and pick it off the wall, strums it a couple times, takes a step back, and that's when the horror/awesomeness began (depends on how much you like the following gear).

he falls all over the digitech/boss pedalboard and snaps the a couple of boss ones open (the little screwy thing that hold them closed broke), drops the guitar and (best part) falls into a line 6 tube full stack. fortunately, i was right beside him, so i caught the guitar, then helped him up. fortunately/unfortunately, (once again, depends on how much you like the following gear) there was a huge drum/cymbal rack behind the stack that caught it. it was put there 3 days ago. lol.

anyways, the guitar was $1,100, the stack was $900 and the pedals were probably another 500$-700$ (so didn't save a couple of pedals, big whoop. it was a DS-1, and MT-2 and a DD-3).

anyways, i go in there that next day and the manager (who wasn't there the day before) recognized me from the security footage. we shared a laugh over it and now i know all the guys in the store pretty well. he joked that i could be the professional catcher. lol.

sorry for the wall of text.

I lol'd.

man I wish my guitar Center people knew me that well. My other shop does though.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I have a local shop around here that knows me by name. I owner is a dick though, he always tries to make me sell my fenders so I can buy some G&L or schecter bullshit (that's all they sell, and deans)

He's fun to mess with though, you get his hopes up and CRUSH THEM

muhaha
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
I have a local shop around here that knows me by name. I owner is a dick though, he always tries to make me sell my fenders so I can buy some G&L or schecter bullshit (that's all they sell, and deans)

He's fun to mess with though, you get his hopes up and CRUSH THEM

muhaha

To be fair, G&L Tribute guitars walk all over your MIM Stratocaster.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
One time in Guitar Center, on each guitar, I broke 1-3 of the strings on them,this was when I just started by the way, and the guitars were a Gibson Goldtop les paul, Epi V, Fender sunburst fat strat, and a few B.C. Riches. Another story that happened, I was in the acoustic room, and this farely good player was playing freebird, and his 3 year old son picked up this Ovation Double Neck, strums it 2 times, then just drops it! The back cracked open, I ran out laughing my ass off.
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Everyone walks by and looks disgusted. It's like seeing lepers on the street or something.

Wow, that's kind of a, uh... ****y thing to say.
*left handed*

Only story I got is this.
At a guitar shop. Playing this acrylic Mockingbird with a custom Warmoth CBS neck. Set it down, since there's no open stands or hangars. Guitar falls over, into box of GuitarWorld magazines. Nothing happens to it. To me? Oh heeeeell yeah >_>
I actually got smacked in the face with the point of an acrylic Mockingbird. Hurt like ****.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
To be fair, G&L Tribute guitars walk all over your MIM Stratocaster.

to be fair, I like my MIM stratocaster more. =]

Preference bro. And the headstocks on G&Ls look like fenders with a serious birth defect. Like the guy cutting it out had turrets and freaked out while doing it.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by The Jezereck

hey yeah thanks for that, You broke My moms urn and Now she lives in My Vaccum cleaner
lol
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Page 1 of 2