Ok I know its a huge pain in the ass to change tuning on an axe with a FR but i just picked up an ibanez rg2550 and the tremolo... is... "different" - there is a dial on the back of some sort and i was wondering if this new system made it easier to tune to drop tunings. Its obviously tuned to standard E but I play alot of drop C songs. Is this false hope or is this dial something useful? I am clearly new to guitars in general and I know i may sound like an idiot but im putting out from the get go that i dunno what im talking about to begin with =]

NOTE: I posted this in guitar basics and was advised to post in here for I may get better results.
I know you can download the Ibanez manual from here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
and it will tell you how to setup the tremelo and adjust it. I have an S670FM and find it easy to balance it after I have changed the strings (or detuned etc). You should get a manual when you buy an Ibanez guitar, however... having said that my local dealer said there was no manual when I bought the above guitar from new (think he'd lost it in the back room to be honest) but I already had one for my other Ibanez guitar that covered the S series guitars. Hope that helps.
Quote by johnbaldwin
I know you can download the Ibanez manual from here:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html
and it will tell you how to setup the tremelo and adjust it. I have an S670FM and find it easy to balance it after I have changed the strings (or detuned etc). You should get a manual when you buy an Ibanez guitar, however... having said that my local dealer said there was no manual when I bought the above guitar from new (think he'd lost it in the back room to be honest) but I already had one for my other Ibanez guitar that covered the S series guitars. Hope that helps.

I have the ibanez prestige manual but its a very vague basic description of each ibanez model. it came with the guitar but it doesnt explain anything.
Quote by RR787
I'd suggest youtube.

Good call, i didnt even think of that. But that dial isnt anything new?
Edge Zero bridge with ZPS3 spring system

In the manual it just says how to maintain it really. It doesnt say what it is.
Quote by HighPotency
I believe the dial is the system used with the ZR and Edge Zero trems, and allows the springs to be screwed in further or loosened.

Does this make it less of a pain to change tunings?
Basically, I want to know if its possible to change tunings on the fly with this new Edge Zero ZR nonsene.