Poll: What would you rather like to hear?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you rather like to hear?
"You are a really attractive/hot/pretty/beautiful/good looking person"
129 44%
"You are a very talented/intelligent person"
166 56%
Voters: 295.
Page 1 of 5
We all know Good looks and intelligence rarely come hand in hand.
So what would it be for you??
If you say had the choice to chose one of the two.

Would you chose to have good looks where you'ld have no problem getting chick/guys and it'ld be easy to get things your way. You'll say "have a life". But at the expense of not being very bright and intelligent.
or
Would you chose to have remarkable intelligence where you can solve complicated problems with no difficulty, get good grades, know how to work things out great with great talent and skill. But at the expense of not being very attractive and losing out on the social aspect of life. Where you'ld kinda say "have no life".

So guys, what would it be for you??
Be absolutely honest.

And just to note, the poll question is slightly different.
The most joy out of life comes from your social interactions. If picking intelligence is going to make that greatly suffer, then no thanks.

What is the purpose of life if it is not to get laid? Seriously.
I'd choose intelligence over beauty. With beauty you're going to be living a pretty unfulfilled life whereas intelligence you get to see the true beauty of life. Genius' have achieved beautiful compositions, thought provoking artwork and incredible breakthroughs in the field of science. Now, what have just the beautiful achieved?
..sigh...another slow morning in the pit i see.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
I'd like decently atractive and decently smart
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by steee21
'You are a really attractive/hot/pretty/beautiful/good looking person'

I agree.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
let's go attractiveness!

(let's face it, uggo's don't get laid)

just kidding. There should be a "great personality" option.
im like the second one minus the intelligence and tallent
-Why do hunters need bullets that can pierce through bulletproof vests?
-Do I really have to spell this out for you?What if a bunch of punk kids go into the woods and strap a bulletproof vest on a bear?Then whatve you got?Invincible bears (wkuk)
Quote by imdeth
I'd choose intelligence over beauty. With beauty you're going to be living a pretty unfulfilled life whereas intelligence you get to see the true beauty of life. Genius' have achieved beautiful compositions, thought provoking artwork and incredible breakthroughs in the field of science. Now, what have just the beautiful achieved?

That's just terribly wrong thinking.

A lot of famous artists actually suffered from various elements of life.

Beautiful people are generally happier, and that's the truth.
Well, I haven't been called "attractive" by anyone other than who I was dating at that time...But I've been told I'm talented by teachers, etc. So, I guess intelligence! Personal happiness does not come from a group of other people.

Also what IEatOrphans....said

EDIT: ^ Cause they're fvcking stupid, man
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Intelligence. I'm so sick of every girl coming up to me saying "God damnit, you callipygian superhero, take me where I stand!". If I could just walk the streets like a normal man for once I'd be happy. You know, with a small penis or whatever it is that normal men have.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Intelligence. I'm so sick of every girl coming up to me saying "God damnit, you callipygian superhero, take me where I stand!". If I could just walk the streets like a normal man for once I'd be happy. You know, with a small penis or whatever it is that normal men have.

Oh shut up you love the attention

...you are very intelligent btw.
I already both! Ha! But if I had to choose one I'd rather be smarts. Then I could make lots of money and get some mega plastic surgery.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by imdeth

a lot of sex??
I have both. So I'm set, but I'd lose the looks probably, you can buy sex . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by Archaon
That's just terribly wrong thinking.

A lot of famous artists actually suffered from various elements of life.

Beautiful people are generally happier, and that's the truth.

Maybe so but he's asking what you would prefer. I would rather live a life of sadness doing things that mean something rather than living meaninglessly. That may sound stupid eh it's my opinion.
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
EDIT: ^ Cause they're fvcking stupid, man

Irrelevant. They're still happier. As they say, ignorance is bliss.
Quote by diminishedtobme
I wish someone would say I was pretty.

Give them reason to. The whole self-pitying thing just makes a person a whole lot uglier.
Intelligence, we have something called plastic surgery.

EDIT:
Quote by imdeth
Maybe so but he's asking what you would prefer. I would rather live a life of sadness doing things that mean something rather than living meaninglessly. That may sound stupid eh it's my opinion.

I concur, great minds often live sad lifes.

Last edited by NielsWho at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Oh shut up you love the attention

...you are very intelligent btw.

Awwh
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You only really need beauty until you're like 18, after that you'll become nothing if you depend on your beauty.
Fuck you uggos! I'm hot shit!

I.E. Attractiveness because I'm a sad sack.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by NielsWho

Yeah and end up looking like Michael Jackson!!
Quote by Archaon
Irrelevant. They're still happier. As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Give them reason to. The whole self-pitying thing just makes a person a whole lot uglier.

Yes, true. It just comes down to your moral system, wether you want to live in ignorance or intellect. However, it is possible to achieve total happiness and compassion in intelligence, you just have to know what to do.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I'd take beauty any day.

If I could be a more emotionally well rounded intellectual, then maybe that. But I'd rather be happy in my attractive ignorance.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by imdeth

Means something to whom? To you? Exactly. Why can't the beautiful people find meaning in their lives with the things they do? I'm sure they'll connect a lot more emotionally with people than the "intelligent social outcasts".
Quote by NielsWho

You know, driving an SUV doesn't make your penis any bigger.

You're still ugly. And you have to live with the fact that you hated yourself so much that you needed to physically alter yourself to find some comfort.
"beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. it is of the great facts of the world, like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. it cannot be questioned."

~oscar wilde

if the alternative was to be some misanthropic phantom of the opera-type of guy, i'll take beauty.
Quote by imdeth
And possibly some life threatening sexually transmitted diseases in doing so

Right, so all beautiful people are automatically at great risk of getting STDs?

You people are just making silly assumptions, as if you're doing it out of revenge towards all the beautiful people in life. It's clearly a case of envy here.

I'm not saying I'm beautiful, but think rationally, please.
Quote by Archaon
Right, so all beautiful people are automatically at great risk of getting STDs?

You people are just making silly assumptions, as if you're doing it out of revenge towards all the beautiful people in life. It's clearly a case of envy here.

I'm not saying I'm beautiful, but think rationally, please.

Note that I said "possibly".

Quote by Archaon
Means something to whom? To you? Exactly. Why can't the beautiful people find meaning in their lives with the things they do? I'm sure they'll connect a lot more emotionally with people than the "intelligent social outcasts".

I'm just saying I'd want to leave something behind when I die. I know that beautiful people will leave behind memories of their friends, families etc. I want to do something important and leave something to be remembered by the world. Besides, intelligent people can engage socially with other intellects and gain friends that way.
Last edited by imdeth at Oct 13, 2008,
I recall the quote from American Psycho:

Patrick Bateman, Craig McDermott, David Van Patten: There are no girls with good personalities.
David Van Patten: A good personality consists of a chick with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb ****ing mouth shut.
Craig McDermott: The only girls with good personalities who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented, though god knows what the **** that means, are ugly chicks.
David Van Patten: Absolutely.
Craig McDermott: And this is because they have to make up for how ****ing unnattractive they are.
Quote by imdeth
Note that I said "possibly".

That's not the point. Just because someone's beautiful it doesn't mean they're having wild sex every night and without protection. You can be beautiful and faithful to one person in life.
I've been told I was cute. But my thighs set me back. And I like being smart, because yesterday I was able to tell my mom where orgasms really come from.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
Quote by nelliehart {inf
I've been told I was cute. But my thighs set me back. And I like being smart, because yesterday I was able to tell my mom where orgasms really come from.

que?!
Quote by af_the_fragile
We all know Good looks and intelligence rarely come hand in hand.

Uh, no we don't. Everyone has a degree of both, and you can both make an effort with your appearance and make an effort to learn.

So you're basically asking us to pick between someone who's clinically retarded or horribly deformed, or else the two can't be distinguished, as they as both elements of any human being.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Archaon
That's not the point. Just because someone's beautiful it doesn't mean they're having wild sex every night and without protection. You can be beautiful and faithful to one person in life.

I know that I was just responding to the "lots of sex??" comment.
Quote by imdeth
I know that I was just responding to the "lots of sex??" comment.

Sorry, I'm really baked and I don't really know what I'm doing.
Page 1 of 5