Page 1 of 4
The other day I was thinking about how I've never seen anyone die. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I haven't experienced this.
There are a lot of people I know that have. They've told me about freak accidents, murders, OD's, suicides, car wrecks, and seeing some pass away due to various illnesses.

UG, have you personally witnessed someone's death? If so, did it change you or disturb you?

Also, if you have seen someone pass away, how did you cope with it?
This thread in a minute?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I saw my grandpa pass away. He was on life support and wasn't coming off, so they pulled the plug. He went peacefully, so it wasn't traumatizing. In fact, it was almost soothing because he was in terrible shape and finally looked peaceful when he died.

I coped pretty well. It happens, he lived a good life, and he died in a painless way.
i havn't, but someone i know at college saw a guy commit suicide by jumping of a 40ft high shopping centre, apparently when he hit the ground he bounced 10 feet
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Absent Mind
This thread in a minute?

OMG U 50 FUNNEY!!11!1one

Anyway, can't say that I have, but my aunt saw a car accident once and when she got there to help she saw... half of a baby. She still hates to talk about it (it happened like 15 years ago).
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I saw my grandpa pass away. He was on life support and wasn't coming off, so they pulled the plug. He went peacefully, so it wasn't traumatizing. In fact, it was almost soothing because he was in terrible shape and finally looked peaceful when he died.

I coped pretty well. It happens, he lived a good life, and he died in a painless way.

This sounds a lot like my grandma. I took her death pretty hard. Sometimes I wish I was there to see it because I think seeing her go peacefully would have helped me cope a little better.
i was at a rodeo [call me white trash if you want] and some guy had a heart attack infront of me.
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Quote by Freddedonna
OMG U 50 FUNNEY!!11!1one
Well I figured I would save someone else the trouble of posting it

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by dan ramP
i havn't, but someone i know at college saw a guy commit suicide by jumping of a 40ft high shopping centre, apparently when he hit the ground he bounced 10 feet

That's horrible, but I can't help but imagine people watching going:

"AGHHHH *bounce* woooOAOOAOAAOOOOooooo *hit*"

sorry if I come off as insensitive
woman who lives near me was decapitated by a truck the other day .. my sis saw it
i kinda laugh thinking about it 8-) but was rather gruesome id be guessing
Quote by dan ramP

i have no idea really , but that just sounds a bit anti-physic xD
10 ft = about 3m
something wrong there....
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Oct 13, 2008,
Indiana Jones...

Watch the last episode of South Park and you'll know exactly how I felt at the time...

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's horrible, but I can't help but imagine people watching going:

"AGHHHH *bounce* woooOAOOAOAAOOOOooooo *hit*"

sorry if I come off as insensitive

Well people were shouting at him to jump and they all gathered around him and laughed at him on the ground [he took 45 minutes t die] so i guess you're more
sensitive than them.

Quote by Vitor_vdp
i have no idea really , but that just sounds a bit anti-physic xD
10 ft = about 3m
something wrong there....

he took a running jump.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
Well people were shouting at him to jump and they all gathered around him and laughed at him on the ground [he took 45 minutes t die] so i guess you're more sensitive than them.

wtf?!? that's insanely ****ed up!!

I seriously just got mad!

<----this is me right now!
I saw my great uncle have a heart attack when I was 7. Didn't really register what was happening though.
Quote by jordan-r-1
woman who lives near me was decapitated by a truck the other day .. my sis saw it

if you find that funny you need help...
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
i didn't see my grandpa die in my house (my parents told me and my siblings to go somewhere else, we went to movies) but i saw his body.

also, there was a motorcycle crash, it hit a truck. My dad was coming home and he saw motorcycle parts, and a huge crowd. He decided to stop to see if he could help. Then he saw body parts. He kept driving toward it, and saw the man ripped in half. He didn't talk for the rest of the night.

Anyway, to end this post on a happy note, Bob Marley freakin ROCKS!
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
Quote by dan ramP
Well people were shouting at him to jump and they all gathered around him and laughed at him on the ground [he took 45 minutes t die] so i guess you're more
sensitive than them.

he took a running jump.

That's pretty sick. There are some people in life that need/deserve a good ass beatin.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
wtf?!? that's insanely ****ed up!!

I seriously just got mad!

<----this is me right now!

some sick shit recorded it and put it on youtube and called it "superman" [its been taken off before you ask] and i think police are looking at cctv to try and arrest the people who jeered at him.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP
some sick shit recorded it and put it on youtube and called it "superman" [its been taken off before you ask] and i think police are looking at cctv to try and arrest the people who jeered at him.

Good! (I don't know what they would charge them with)

I mean, he shouldn't have done it, but they are making it worse by making fun of someone in that kind of mental state.
Quote by dan ramP

Wait, was this the incident that happened a few weeks ago somewhere in England?

It seems like I remember reading it in the news.
yeah it was in Derby, i dont really like walking near that spot anymore.

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by dan ramP

I saw this on the news... you got some ****ed up people in Derby.
yeah its not the greatest place in the world

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by jordan-r-1

Dude, that's pretty messed up. I don't know how you can laugh at that.
I saw a dead bloated corpse floating by in a river in Lagos, Nigeria as I was docking my ship. I called the dock security. They stood on the dock and watched it float by. Once it was clear of their place, they went about their business as usual. It looked like crabs or something had been eating at the lips and ears. Left me with a bad feeling...
Yes I have. Many times. And yes it changed me and still disturbs me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I didn't see jump, but I saw a man pacing about on the ledge of a hospital. The news report later said he didn't make it. Soon after, I saw a man about to jump in the place where I worked for an internship (government...go figure) but thankfully he was convinced to live.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Kinda. Seen a kid 3 years younger than me get stabbed by a lunatic that shouldn't have been let out of jail. The guy that stabbed him used to bully my friends and once pushed someone into a canal =|

He didn't die on the scene, but he did later from injuries =[
I watched my Great Grandmother die a few years back. It was peaceful, and my uncle joked" You know Grandma's somewhere kicking Grandpa's ass tell him to do things for her".

But I was traumatized for months when I found one of my best friend's mom's dead. It was horrible. He had to move her to do CPR but she was dead when we got there. It was bad. The worst part were her eyes. Jesus Christ.. Her eyes were open.

Screw you guys, I'm done with this.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by Jackal58
Yes I have. Many times. And yes it changed me and still disturbs me.

My old friends step dad saw some of his friends killed in Iraq. I can imagine that plays on his mind constantly.

He also killed some people over there. I cant even imagine what thats like.
I bet I'm not the only one in here who saw the vid of the blindfolded guy getting his troath slith..

*shudders*

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

not yet...
thankfully...

But being in Med student, i think i'll be going to see a good few in my future...
Quote by noxiosimitator
I bet I'm not the only one in here who saw the vid of the blindfolded guy getting his troath slith..

*shudders*

Al Queda beheadings? =/ There's like 8 of them on the internet alone.
A guy got hit by a car outside my high school right outside the room I was in. I didn't see the impact, but I did see them put a sheet over the body and take it away.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by gallagher2006
Al Queda beheadings? =/ There's like 8 of them on the internet alone.

saw themtoo .. but I think the one I mean is russian

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

My dignity within the batcave of my ex
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Page 1 of 4