Alright, I have Gibson Les Paul Studio, and I'm gonna buy some strap locks for it.
I heard that schaller straplocks are pretty good but it doesnt fit into the hole or something. Is there any straplocks that I could install very easily but its safe, while not drilling any holes or using any toothpicks ?

Another question, Is it safe to put a Les Paul with its strap in a les paul hard case ?
Dude I use those rubber washers from Grolsch beer bottles on my Telecaster and they work great. I'm pretty sure most aftermarket strap locks will require you to fill holes and redrill. Sorry I can't answer your last question but I've seen how les pauls fit into cases and I can understand your concern, if it bothers you just take your strap off before putting into the case, play it safe ya know.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
strap locks dont lock ur strap in for all of time u know u can remove the strap to put in ur case
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
yea i have a epiphone les paul standard. and i just put dunlop staplocks. and i did not haft to drill or anything. and you can take you stap off of your guitar. there is a button you press that releases it. and it fits in my case.
I am just about to put some ernie ball strap locks on my studio. I'll let you know
I have the schaller strap locks. I didn't have to redrill anything, just took out the old buttons and screwed the new ones into the old holes. They've never given out on me but they do have a nut and washer that locks them onto the strap, that if not cranked down with a wrench or pliers will constantly be coming unscrewed. Before I realized this I lost the original nut. Even if tightened down hard you'll have to retighten it a couple times a year.
Quote by SkaJon
Dude I use those rubber washers from Grolsch beer bottles on my Telecaster and they work great. I'm pretty sure most aftermarket strap locks will require you to fill holes and redrill. Sorry I can't answer your last question but I've seen how les pauls fit into cases and I can understand your concern, if it bothers you just take your strap off before putting into the case, play it safe ya know.

I do the same on my strat, works great. The Bassist form rage uses them, thats where i got the idea.
Quote by isan
CLIP LOCK CLIP LOCK CLIP LOCK CLIP LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Cliplok-2Inch-Strap?sku=364661

im pretty sure cliplock is not the same a starplocks they can see come off at the strap holder
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
im pretty sure cliplock is not the same a starplocks they can see come off at the strap holder

No, they cannot come off. I have them on all of my guitars, no problems at all!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
TS if you add an after market lock, where the old screw comes out, you'll probably be left with a hole larger than was there before.

in this case, a toothpick and glue may be needed to secure the new screw and lock.

dont just use a larger screw. that is not a permanent fix, or necessarily stronger than what was there in the first place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by metaxis
no modification needed for the ernie balls

are you sure? I just installed Ernie Ball straplocks on my Epi LP and I had to drill deeper holes. The new holes aren't any wider, so the old screws will still work, but the new straplock screws were much longer.
Quote by gymcreep
are you sure? I just installed Ernie Ball straplocks on my Epi LP and I had to drill deeper holes. The new holes aren't any wider, so the old screws will still work, but the new straplock screws were much longer.

I don't call a nail going in a little deeper being a modification. All i did was still use the same screw driver i used to unscrew the old screws and just turned a couple more times with the newer ones. I didn't even use a drill. Did the same with my EPI LP Zakk Wylde a while ago.
Quote by DGen92
Alright, I have Gibson Les Paul Studio, and I'm gonna buy some strap locks for it.
I heard that schaller straplocks are pretty good but it doesnt fit into the hole or something. Is there any straplocks that I could install very easily but its safe, while not drilling any holes or using any toothpicks ?

Another question, Is it safe to put a Les Paul with its strap in a les paul hard case ?

I installed Schaller Straplocks on my Gibson LP Std. I had no problems fitting the screws.

The strap comes off when you pull a pin on the strap lock, so you don't have to put the guitar in it's case with the strap on.
Martin D-15
Gibson LP Std. Faded HB
Fender MIA HWY1 Strat, 3 color SB, RW fretboard
BOSS GT-10
Roland JC-120