Which do you think is best value for money outta these:

Schecter demon 7 with licensed floyd!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_demon_7_fr_sbk.htm

Ibanez rg 7321 Fixed bridge

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg7321bk_guitar.htm

ESP LTD SC 207

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_sc207_steve_carpenter_bk.htm

The demon 7 looks good value for money to me, anyone have one or tried one?

cheers guys, hope some of you kind peeps will help me out, my budget is around £400 so if you can find me a better alternative thats great!
I own both an old school schecter blackjack 7 and an RG7321. I prefer the RG, it sounds and plays better. However, the schecter is built quite a bit better, more solid wood, overall better construction.

As far as the pickups go, I like how much mush the Ibanez Dimarzio-esque pickups give me in comparison to the Duncan Designed in my schecter.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'd say the Schecter, ESP, and Ibanez in that order, but try them out for yourself and see what you think.
get a rg7620. much better than the indonesian made 7321. you get catch them on fleabay for fairly cheap. they dont make them anymore so you wont find a new one.

jym
Quote by Nightfyre
I'd say the Schecter, ESP, and Ibanez in that order, but try them out for yourself and see what you think.

I will try mate, no one near me has any of these in stock though so i might have to just try a couple of random seven strings to see if i like the feel. I really want to find aschecter somewhere so i can try it out, even if its just a 6 string, i know they have fairly beefy necks but my Washburn also has quite a thick neck, so i think i'd be ok.
I'd say don't buy a 7-string at all within that price-range, as they tend not to be that great in quality.. Id spare some more money and buy the 1000 euro model of Carpenters signature models, but if you really have to but a 7-string now i'd say go with the Schecter... you could also spare a bit more money and buy one of the better schecter sevens...
get the 7620! it was replaced by the prestige 1527 and everybody pretty much agrees the 7620 is the better of the guitars. and you can snatch them off the bay for under 500.00 usd

jym
Quote by PhantomMilitia
I'd say don't buy a 7-string at all within that price-range, as they tend not to be that great in quality.. Id spare some more money and buy the 1000 euro model of Carpenters signature models, but if you really have to but a 7-string now i'd say go with the Schecter... you could also spare a bit more money and buy one of the better schecter sevens...

Well i'd love to get the 607 model but it's over twice my budget and that's just crazy money imo. I think if i buy the schecter i could put some emg's in it later, the specs of it are really good for the money, mahogany body etc.
Quote by jymellis
get the 7620! it was replaced by the prestige 1527 and everybody pretty much agrees the 7620 is the better of the guitars. and you can snatch them off the bay for under 500.00 usd

jym

I wouldn't say it's better, the 1527's tremolo is quite a bit better. For the money you can't really beat the 7620 though.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i prefer the lo-pro edge 7 on the 7620 over the edge pro on the 1527. i first fell in love with the trem when i first played the ibby universe (yes the trem on the 7620 is the same as vais universe)

jym
^ why dont you just marry the RG7620? lol The only 'better' thing about it is the price, they're pretty similiar guitars, with the the RG1527 being the introduction of the prestige series which you would at least hope to be of better quality.

Yeah I would save for a better guitar personally, I would assume they all come with pretty crappy stock pups, and LFRs put me off.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
the 1527 is the Prestige return of the 7620 w/ better pricing. taken from jemsite.
All i know is the trem on the 7620 that my friend has is shot. It was great up until a year ago, it's replaced now, I think it has another 7620 trem on it now.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'd try to find an RR7R.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'd take the Schecter out of those, but that's me. But I don't like floyds on the other hand, and the Ibby is hardtail...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Ok i have narrowed my choices to 2 guitars the ESP ltd SC207 and the Schecter Damien 7. They both have passives and both have similar specs tbh and i like the look of both very much.

ESP ltd :

Schecter:

Which one you reckon? I don't know if i will be able to try any which is a shame, no one stocks them near me, the nearest place is probably over 100 miles and it'd cost me too much to get there.
I would personally go with the Schecter; neck pickup FTW!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.