Hope some one could clear this up for me. I'm thinking of getting an od/booster pedal to boost my tone for solos and leads etc. However I am using a Blackstar tube pedal as my main distortion infront of a clean ss laney, which may lead to nasty nasty ss clipping? is it worth getting a pedal of am i better trying some other technique of getting my leads and solos through the mix? the two pedals I was considering are a bad monkey or a electro harmonix lpb-1
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Does your amp have an EQ loop? Because if it does, an EQ pedal like the Boss GE7 or the MXR 10 band EQ will do really well. You probably wont have to raise the level much if at all, and just raise the middle frequencies a bit. It makes your leads etc stand out of the mix and you dont need to overload on volume to do it.
I would buy the pedal. If it sounds bad, you could always just write industrial and noise rock. Seymour Duncan makes a really good one tho.
Quote by minibrowny
Does your amp have an EQ loop? Because if it does, an EQ pedal like the Boss GE7 or the MXR 10 band EQ will do really well. You probably wont have to raise the level much if at all, and just raise the middle frequencies a bit. It makes your leads etc stand out of the mix and you dont need to overload on volume to do it.

the amp has an effect loop but with no level control, it shouldn't be a problem tho should it?
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

Quote by Sadistik
I would buy the pedal. If it sounds bad, you could always just write industrial and noise rock. Seymour Duncan makes a really good one tho.

as much as i love dillinger i prefer to sound like inflames..............tonally at least
Current Rig: