So I'm saving up my money for a new guitar, something around $300.
I think I have it narrowed down to three guitars, but dont know which one to pick. (Demonstrates how user title comes into play)

So I cant decide between a Used Epiphone Flying V, a Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature, or a Jackson JS30RR Rhoads. It has to sound good through my VOX AD50VT (the amp isnt on my profile yet.)

And now pros and cons:

Used Epiphone 1967 re issue Flying V:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-1967-Flying-V?sku=518098

Pros
I can get without waiting to ship (Found at local store)
Discontinued
Great Reviews

Cons:

Used (Possible scratches, dents, internal problems, although I saw very few scratches)

Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515169

Pros:

Good reviews
I like the Megadeth sound
Guaranteed new

Cons

Wait for shipping
Stock pickups seem dull

Jackson JS30RR Rhoads JS Series Guitar

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-JS-Electric-Guitar?sku=511564

Pros
Great Reviews
Garunteed New
Pickups seem awesome.

Cons
Wait for shipping
Akward seeming body shape

TLDR:
Need a new guitar around $300, Between a Used Epiphone Flying V, Dean Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX, and a Jackson JS30RR Rhoads. Links above. It has to sound good through my VOX AD50VT. Will be playing metal, punk, and alt rock.

Help please.
?!
id go for the epi or jackson that is a made in china dean that has really bad quality
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
i like the Epiphone. have you played them all? if not, try to, and see which one you like best. i don't like the RR model personally, because of the neck. but then i am used to playing a thick SG neck
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by JBizzle Da Truf
i like the Epiphone. have you played them all? if not, try to, and see which one you like best. i don't like the RR model personally, because of the neck. but then i am used to playing a thick SG neck

I'm used to playing with a thinner neck though, like my current Ibanez.
?!
the rhoads. because one, it reaaly comfortable to play while standing, you look metal as hell playing it sitting down, and you can stab someone with it. and it sounds/ plays killer.
If you like your current ibanez, maybe look in to an ibanez?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
If you like your current ibanez, maybe look in to an ibanez?

I like it, but i want to try something different, not just be put into an Ibanez only situation.
?!
FAIL TO ALL FOR THE JS30

I have owned the dinky of the JS30 series. The neck was great, and had the worst sounding pickups I have ever heard.
I would go for the dean. Not only do i like megadeth, but i also love dean guitars. If i could do it again i would get the Dave VMNT V or a MLX over what i have now. But i think what you should do is go to Guitar center or local shop and find something that plays comfortably and you like.
dude, the Epiphone V is sickly. i go with it over the other two because it's more of an all around guitar. you'd be able to get away with playing it ay most gigs. but, the other two Vs wouldn't do Hendrix, or any kind of blues for that matter, very well.

and the only con you seemed to find for it is that fact that its' used. i wouldn't worry about the quality of a used guitar. a store won't take a used guitar unless it's in fairly good condition. one time, i tried to trade in my samick and they wouldn't take it until i fixed the scratchy pot.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Just don't go for the Dean, if u can get it for $300 or less then it's gotta be bottom of the range and defo won't give u mustaine's tone or sound or whatever. I'd go for the RR out of all of those. They're the most stylish and probably play the best as well.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I like Jacksons, and JS series have good reputation for beginner guitars.But are you a beginner?You might wanna consider a new amp too.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I like Jacksons, and JS series have good reputation for beginner guitars.But are you a beginner?You might wanna consider a new amp too.

Im just past the phase of beginner (for songs I can play Under the bridge with ease, and most of Master of Puppets minus the fast solo at the end) and I just got the VOX AD50VT in June, and I like it.
?!
So far It looks like its between the Flying V and the Jackson, Probably leaning more toward the jackson.
?!
Quote by grenade24
So far It looks like its between the Flying V and the Jackson, Probably leaning more toward the jackson.

Good, Youll understand how muddy and dirty the pickups are gonna be.
Quote by rocktag
Good, Youll understand how muddy and dirty the pickups are gonna be.

If i get it I'll probably change the pickups soon after...
No idea what to put in, but thats for another day and another thread.
?!
Quote by Jhachey22
dude, the Epiphone V is sickly. i go with it over the other two because it's more of an all around guitar. you'd be able to get away with playing it ay most gigs. but, the other two Vs wouldn't do Hendrix, or any kind of blues for that matter, very well.

and the only con you seemed to find for it is that fact that its' used. i wouldn't worry about the quality of a used guitar. a store won't take a used guitar unless it's in fairly good condition. one time, i tried to trade in my samick and they wouldn't take it until i fixed the scratchy pot.

i think this dude seems to be on the money.