OK, like 4-5 years ago I got one of those crapy First act guitar kits (BLAAAAAHHH, they suck), I started acually playing like two years ago, and its about time that I get a new good set-up. Im planning to use aprox. $1000 on this, and im not shure what I should get. And for the record, I like to play hard rock/metal.

Amp wise, im thinking about getting eather a Marshall (mabey something like the MG series http://www.marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productRangeId=10, or mabey the Microstack http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=Zakk%20Microstack, but I have herd some bad things about it), or mabey a Vox. I want the amp to be about 15-50 wats, and it doutter if it has effects or not.

Guitar wise, im thinking about a cupple different senerios. Eather I get some thing like the Ibanez RG350DX (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_canada.html), and a pritty good amp (like no stacks or anything), or I could get something like a Epiphone Les Paul, Sp, or something like that, and a small half stack. Or get a Epiphone and a good amp (again not a stack).

I got lots of options, and would love some help.
No point getting a stack @ this point and at that price and Mg's as every1 here will tell u suck. I would recommend a vox AD30/50VT and then maybe an Epi LP studio/Standard. Just find some shops, play stuff and find a setup u like. It's all preference...
Quote by ProgFolk12
No point getting a stack @ this point and at that price and Mg's as every1 here will tell u suck. I would recommend a vox AD30/50VT and then maybe an Epi LP studio/Standard. Just find some shops, play stuff and find a setup u like. It's all preference...

This, and especially stay away from MGs.
Thanks, I acually took a look at some reviews online of the MG, and they seem like they suck, can anyone give me an opinion on the mikro stack,although ive herd nuthin good about it.
Quote by braady123
Thanks, I acually took a look at some reviews online of the MG, and they seem like they suck, can anyone give me an opinion on the mikro stack,although ive herd nuthin good about it.

Basically, low price Marshalls, are low end Marshalls.
(That goes for basically EVERY amp maker though)

have you looked into Crate amplifiers?

EDIT:
And microstacks=pointless
micro=very small

very small stack < small, but good combo
Last edited by Zeppelin_1223 at Oct 13, 2008,
If you can't get a tube Marshall, don't get one. Simple.

As for amp, what about a Crate V18?
O O

___
Quote by Zeppelin_1223
Basically, low price Marshalls, are low end Marshalls.
(That goes for basically EVERY amp maker though)

have you looked into Crate amplifiers?

EDIT:
And microstacks=pointless
micro=very small

very small stack < small, but good combo

This might sound like a noob question, but im a noob, what is a crate amp?
Quote by braady123
This might sound like a noob question, but im a noob, what is a crate amp?

If its a brand of amps then never mind.
Yes, it IS a brand of amps.
It's also probably the best amp for your money....
but it's your call.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Yes, it IS a brand of amps.
It's also probably the best amp for your money....
but it's your call.

Thanks, ill look onto em'.
I look at the crate amps, and they seem prtiiy good, and i checked, and my local music stores (all 3 of em') carry them.
Quote by The Jezereck
are you looking for a practice amp or a gig amp?

kinda both, im practicing alot, but soon I would like to start a band.
peavey classic 30 and OD

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i love how every single post here is hating the marshall micro stack

not a single one of you have tried it
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
Check out the Vox Valvetronix VT50 or VT30, looks pretty awesome.

Youll be able to get a decent guitar as well.
the crate v series is pretty good, but they are pretty hard to find, especially the v18...maybe a palomino.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground