Hey, Pit!!!

So, I need some help on which headphones to get.

And considering that guitar is music, then you guys must listen to music and might have some knowledge with headphones. They need to have the best sound quality/comfort possible for $30 or less. I would need them to be in-ear headphones as well. It would also be helpful if they came in red

So what do you guys think? If you guys know of anything, please send me a link! Thanks!

PS i did use the search bar, but i searched headphones and nothing revelant came up.

All help is appreciated!

EDIT: with my problem resolved, and many other people here with questions/problems involving headphones, I have changed this to the ONLY headphones thread. Please ask any questions you have about headphones here, and every one else, please try to answer them!

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Oct 16, 2008,
skullcandy ! they're awsome and they look good as hell (+ they're cheaper than most other)

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

dude i am looking for headphone too right now... Check newegg or muscian friend!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by noxiosimitator
skullcandy ! they're awsome and they look good as hell (+ they're cheaper than most other)

skull candy are cheap because thats exactly what they are cheap
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
truthfully if you are going to get headphones you really really need to get much higher end ones that will reduce outside noise from getting in and let you hear the full spectrum of sound. I use the sony 70mdr but the technic 1000's are great as well, but they are well over $30. Then again im a bit of a sound nut so don't mind me
Quote by The Jezereck
truthfully if you are going to get headphones you really really need to get much higher end ones that will reduce outside noise from getting in and let you hear the full spectrum of sound. I use the sony 70mdr but the technic 1000's are great as well, but they are well over $30. Then again im a bit of a sound nut so don't mind me

meh, a lot of people won't reay notice the difference between $30 headphones and $100 heaphones, I have a pair of each, the $30 are for listening to music on the bus and whatnot and te $100 are for studio work and listening to music at home sometimes, I've asked people to try both and most people can't tell the difference.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Since I have some question about headphones too, so i decided to post here hope no one minds Guys, when i play palm mute thick strings, i have this kinda earthquake buzz on high volumes in headphones (also even the volume is low, it is a bit noticeable) any ideas, what's the problem? thanks

p.s. am using amplug metal + ath-m50
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Dunno about your question EARNEST, it probably has something to do with your headphones not being able to adequately output the lows. How much were they? You might want to go for higher quality if they're not that great. As for TS, I can't really help you cause I prefer over-ear headphones. But if you're looking for something cheap, I guess the standard iPod/iPhone headphones are good for the price. They get a decent spectrum of sound while being in-ear headphones. But +1 to everyone who said go more expensive.
Gear List:
Yamaha SJ-180 Steel String Acoustic
2008 Ibanez S520
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 15W

Call me Erk.
Quote by noxiosimitator

+1

I got these too just for €19 and they're pretty damn good...
Not as good as my Sennheiser headphones though, but those cost me €60.
I bought mine for 145 euros (Thomann's price and in USA they are around 100-150USD)...so i think more-or-less they should be ok...but probably it is true, that headphones cant output the lows :-/ tho it is really weird, the frequency response is 15Hz-28kHz and impedance is around 60-70 Ohms
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
I have a problem with whichever headphones I get, I always break one ear bud, the sound will still play through the other but one will always be drastically quieter. Does anybody know why this is? I don't handle the headphones roughly, I always wrap them around my ipod but I keep the chord slightly slack so I don't stress them, if they're not like that then they're in my ears.
I got Skullcandy Ink'd for $17. They are nice and cheap.
There is a higher priced pair that looks kind of cooler, but the frequency range is greatly reduced, so check that out before you buy.
Mine are 20Hz-20Khz
Quote by blynd_snyper
I have a problem with whichever headphones I get, I always break one ear bud, the sound will still play through the other but one will always be drastically quieter. Does anybody know why this is? I don't handle the headphones roughly, I always wrap them around my ipod but I keep the chord slightly slack so I don't stress them, if they're not like that then they're in my ears.

what about the input of the headphones? when you wrap it, is it tight? if so, it is bending the wires and tearing them, ruining one ear bud. I've broken many a good pair of headphones that way

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
what about the input of the headphones? when you wrap it, is it tight? if so, it is bending the wires and tearing them, ruining one ear bud. I've broken many a good pair of headphones that way

No, I keep the whole cable slightly slack.
Quote by blynd_snyper
No, I keep the whole cable slightly slack.

Do you take the headphones out of the mp3 alot?