Okay, so, I've never owned a multifx so I'm not sure what is the best choice.

To start, I only own a Spider 3 and an MT-2 (which I never use :/).

So, my dilemma is this: Which pedal is best to buy? Not necessarily price wise, just what would be best off for me.

DigiTech GNX3000:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTGNX3000
Digitech pedals always look too plastic...y for me though. I was recommend to get a DGTGNX2 but they are obsolete so I linked the DGTGNX3000.
Edit: Scratch that about it being plastic, it's metal.

Boss ME-50:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-ME50-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=151304
I was told this pedal was amazing but it only has three footbanks from what I can see. :/ I may be able to buy this for a lot cheaper from a friend of mine but I'm not sure anymore.

And finally, the Line 6 FBV Footswitch:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-FBV-Foot-Controller?sku=150386

OR

The Line 6 FBV Shortboard Footswitch:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-FBV-Shortboard-Footswitch?sku=420880

Since I own a Line 6 would this be good to get? Or would I regret buying this pedal down the road when I stop using a Line 6? Also, this pedal is mostly for recording at home so I'm not sure which would be best to get: the Footswitch or Shortboard Footswitch?

Thanks for any help in advance
Last edited by Andie_dog2 at Oct 13, 2008,
With your amp effects won't make a difference. Save up for a new amp, or if you're really set on effects get the ME-50. Stay away from line 6 pedals because you will definitely regret it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
With your amp effects won't make a difference. Save up for a new amp, or if you're really set on effects get the ME-50. Stay away from line 6 pedals because you will definitely regret it.

What he said
Originally Posted by cam_sampbell
What's the spoon position?

Well, you begin with a big wooden spoon and a jar of vaseline...
Quote by stradivari310

Stuff in pink was correct, the rest is wrong wrong wrong.

Line 6 make good products outside of the spider range.

TS, just buy a new amp. Itll be much more worth the time and effort in the long run.
Quote by beckyjc
Stuff in pink was correct, the rest is wrong wrong wrong.

Line 6 make good products outside of the spider range.

TS, just buy a new amp. Itll be much more worth the time and effort in the long run.

I had meant the line 6 pedals he was looking at. I the FM4 and many of their other pedals (DL4, etc), but their footswitches use ethernet-style jacks and ONLY work on line 6 amps, and they're overpriced as hell. I had one, they're NOT a good purchase.

EDIT: And what's so bad about the ME-50? It sounds great through a good amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Andie_dog2
The Line 6 FBV Shortboard Footswitch:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-FBV-Shortboard-Footswitch?sku=420880

Since I own a Line 6 would this be good to get? Or would I regret buying this pedal down the road when I stop using a Line 6? Also, this pedal is mostly for recording at home so I'm not sure which would be best to get: the Footswitch or Shortboard Footswitch?

Thanks for any help in advance

Hey Andie,

What are you trying to accomplish? If you are mainly looking for a recording interface? If that is the case the Shortboard would work but I honestly don't know anything about them. Case in point, you can sell that when you sell your amp.

Otherwise, maybe focus on a preamp device for either USB or XLR microphone to computer and then get some software. That set up would carry thru to next amp purchase especially if you go XLR and use a mic.

Otherwise, multi-effects pedals thru a multi-effect amp usually doesn't work out real well unless you know for 100% sure that you can turn off ALL effects and ALL amp modeling which is rare.

Otherwise, good luck!

For the rest of you that jumped to conclusions without reading his whole post did this guy an injustice. Shame.
Quote by stradivari310
I had meant the line 6 pedals he was looking at. I the FM4 and many of their other pedals (DL4, etc), but their footswitches use ethernet-style jacks and ONLY work on line 6 amps, and they're overpriced as hell. I had one, they're NOT a good purchase.

EDIT: And what's so bad about the ME-50? It sounds great through a good amp.

OK. Fair enough.

I have no experience with these footswitches. Do you think a ME-50 will sound good thru his amp?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

For the rest of you that jumped to conclusions without reading his whole post did this guy an injustice. Shame.

I did read the whole post. A new pedal won't solve his recording issues, but a new amp will, no? And a Line 6 amp with the shortboard has just as much resale value as the same amp without one. I should know, it happened to me.. I got ripped off.

But you are right, a good microphone for recording at home will help in the long run no matter what.

EDIT: 311, an ME-50 on the clean channel will sound far better than anything else on the amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Nothings wrong the ME50, im not a huge fan of boss, well im more on the elitist anti boss bandwagon personally, but the fact is, Multi effects on such a shite amp is just going to be a waste.
Alright, so, I was away for a little while so I'm bumping this now. :P

I have mixed responses from the looks of it so I'm wondering what is smarter for recording then...

I don't have the money/plan on saving any time soon for a new AMP. I would love a new/better amp but this amp is really good for practising and I've done a couple of recordings with a shitty computer microphone. Mostly just testing but it was all I had at the time.

This is drifting into more of a recording question really. I plan on getting this week one of those 1/4 to 1/8 patch cables. They aren't very expensive so I was hoping that would suffice for now until I get the money for better equipment. So, here is what I will have for temp. recording: Spider 3 75W, 1/4 to 1/8 cable, computer, AmpliTube, FruityLoops, and yeah... when I get the cable I just plan on messing around a bit. So, I'm asking, will this suffice for decent quality/tone with recording until I get the money for better equipment?

Edit: I would get an XLR based setup for recording but I would need to buy a better sound card... everything leads back to money. :P
Last edited by Andie_dog2 at Oct 15, 2008,
I suppose that would work but the latency etc thru that cable will make it tough. People do it tho. It boils down to your Sound Card in this case. There are high end sound cards built for this kinda thing but it doesn't sound like that is an option. For about $100 you can get a kit with a mic and preamp. If that is too much, then use a decent camera that records audio or do what you plan to do. That should cost near to nothing right? Let us know how it goes and check what people are doing in Riffs and Recordings thread as i'm no recording expert.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I suppose that would work but the latency etc thru that cable will make it tough. People do it tho. It boils down to your Sound Card in this case. There are high end sound cards built for this kinda thing but it doesn't sound like that is an option. For about $100 you can get a kit with a mic and preamp. If that is too much, then use a decent camera that records audio or do what you plan to do. That should cost near to nothing right? Let us know how it goes and check what people are doing in Riffs and Recordings thread as i'm no recording expert.

Alright, thanks. I'll bump this up and leave some input on how well it works out after I pick up the cable.