I've recently decided to look for an acoustic guitar that i can take around with me, but i've now realised that i know absolutely nothing about the market.
That having been said, i tried an acoustic guitar in Ireland a few months back, which stuck out to me for two reasons. Firstly, it was a fender (I didn't even know they made acoustic guitars) and secondly, i quite liked it.

What did I like about it? Well, the neck is thin, which is nice for someone who's used to playing a jazz bass and it generally felt quite comfortable in my hands, unlike other acoustics and classicals I've played. I don't actually know what exact model it was, but considering it was owned by a student, i'm assuming not that expensive.

Anyway, that led me to look for the model closest to my price range, which happens to be this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-cd-220-s/69420

OK, after that largely pointless story, i have 2 questions to ask you.

-Is the fender actually any good, or is it a cheap piece of crap that's been marked up because of the brand name?

-if it's not good, can you recommend some other acoustics that might suit my needs (thin neck, price around £250)
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
I have always loved fenders. I actually have a fender squier(cheaper price) and its one of the best acoustics tht Ive played. Personally I would WITH-OUT A DOUBT buy that Fender.

just make sure you actually get you hands on that guitar before you buy it, just to be sure that you like it.

peace.
ok, thanks for the input, i've always heard that fender are slightly less prone to corner cutting than gibson (at least in the electric markets), but it's very hard to tell. fender squire stratocasters are terrible for example.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Err... I dont think fenders are very good. I mean they're alright, but you can do better for the same money. Check out the "guitars $300 and under" thread that's stickied.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'm in the same situation as you at the moment (also play a Jazz, MIA standard ), looking to buy an acoustic between £150 and £250. The Yamaha FG230S and FG250S look good too and have recieved good reviews.

If anyone knows of any good ones that have a finish other than the standard maple though like sunburst or a transparent colour in this price range, I'd be very thankful also.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.