Well, here's the story.

The twisty bit on the outside of my guitar jack (the nut thing) was a bit loose, so I twisted it with some pliers. I plugged in, and all i heard was buzzing. I only got some hitting noises when slapping the strings.

I plugged into my other electric, and you could hear it, although there was some slight buzzing.

I switched leads for that guitar, and it was fine. I switched leads for the other guitar and it was the same as in the beginning.

So my question is, is it the lead, guitar or both?

I want to be able to play soon

EDIT: I could also explain it like this.

Other guitar = '2'

2+b = No buzzing, could hear guitar
Sounds like you gotta bad connection in your guitar or somethin, and one of your leads is startin to go for poo.
It's the guitar, by just blithely twisting the nut on the outside of the guitar you've probably broken the connections inside the guitar, they'll need to be re-soldered.

Also re: the buzzing, it just sounds to me like one lead is better than the other.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Just replace your whole input jack, and you should be fine
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
It's the guitar, by just blithely twisting the nut on the outside of the guitar you've probably broken the connections inside the guitar, they'll need to be re-soldered.

Also re: the buzzing, it just sounds to me like one lead is better than the other.

But it's my best lead that's buzzing
Sorry dude, shit happens. I let one of my best friends borrow my good acustic and it came back missing two pegs, a dart had been thrown into it and the neck was warped. Dont ask me how he did it...
dud that just happened to me yesterday all u need to do is soder the wires that connect the jack to it because one of the wires must have fallen off
Quote by 08don
yes, thank you guitarfreak. free bj for you anytime. just not from me. no homo.