So I've been using Super Slinkys in my Gibson Explorer for about 4-5 months and I'm going to my local music store today to pick up a set or two of new strings. I'm wondering if I should stick with the Super Slinkys or move to a different Slinky, or brand of strings?

I was thinking about D'Addario XL strings. I'm also using DR Black Beauties in my Jackson right now. Thoughts?
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Last edited by ConeShred at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by ConeShred
So I've been using Super Slinkys in my Gibson Explorer for about 4-5 months and I'm going to my local music store today to pick up a set or two of new strings. I'm wondering if I should stick with the Super Slinkys or move to a different Slinky, or brand of strings?

I was thinking about D'Addario XL coated strings, I'm using Black Beauties in my Jackson right now. Thoughts?

Stay away from D'Addario, very boring sounding strings.

Check out Dean Markley Blue Steels or Elixirs.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've heard good things about Elixirs, thanks.
*A list of all my gear*

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

really i love my d'darrios

and with elixers they break really easily in the lighter gauges so get atleast 11s

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
really i love my d'darrios

and with elixers they break really easily in the lighter gauges so get atleast 11s

Really? Are you hacking away at them or something?

The nines on my Strat last ages.

The 10s on my Les Paul are like cockroaches.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've had d'addarios for awhile on my SG and on my explorer.....they sound great to me
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Strings are all opinion and dont listen to anyone saying any bad stuff about brands.

I love my D'adarrios and if i cant get them, i use EB Super Slinkies.

Dont ask online what strings to get, just try different kinds out!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
look into GHS as well. i feel like i have the most control with their 10's, but thats just opinion.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by Teh GIR
Strings are all opinion and dont listen to anyone saying any bad stuff about brands.

I love my D'adarrios and if i cant get them, i use EB Super Slinkies.

Dont ask online what strings to get, just try different kinds out!

Hmmm.....I don't really know what I'm trying to do here, guess I'm trying to see what opinions other people have.

I bought a set of D'addarios, EB Reinforced Reg Slinks, and Elixir Nanoweb Lights. Giving the D'addarios a spin first.
*A list of all my gear*

No DRs?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
No DRs?

lol. I'm using DRs in my Jackson right now. They're pretty cool.
*A list of all my gear*