I just purchased a Fender Acoustic CD140s, I am a beginner so didn't want to spend silly money, as I mainly play an electric, I am happy with the guitar but the action is a bit too high, but was surprised to see it was made in China! I always thought fender was American and Mexican, Are they any good?
Quote by MRWHITE35
I just purchased a Fender Acoustic CD140s, I am a beginner so didn't want to spend silly money, as I mainly play an electric, I am happy with the guitar but the action is a bit too high, but was surprised to see it was made in China! I always thought fender was American and Mexican, Are they any good?

The guitar that you own hasn't changed since your realization of it's creation

Fender has been making guitars places besides America and Mexico for a long time. If you like the guitar and you're happy about the price you paid, then enjoy it!

The goods currently coming out of China are not inherently of any lower quality than if they were domestically made.

Enjoy it, it will serve it's purpose well.

-James
Thanks for the replies, I know my Ibanez and ESP are Japanese but made in China, just didn't know Fender did it, also I haven't got a clue with acoustic guitars, i have just measured the low E string on the 12th thret it measured 4.45 mm which is a lot higher than I am used to, and I've already filed the saddle down abit so imagine it before! The strings are 12s, is this normal for an acoustic guitar? As I need to press the strings down quite a bit more than my electric to make them sound clear. I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but it is my first acoustic guitar,