I am looking to get another jcm 800 but I am not sure how to date one. The guy selling gave me the serial # here it is: S/A S18000

thanx for any help. o it is a 800 2203 lead. thanx
Are the inputs vertical? Does it have a drake poewr transformer? EL34 tubes or 5881s? Stamp serial or sticker?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
horizontal inputs, and its stamped into the back panel. it originally had el34's now it has kt88's. thanks
Quote by twistudriffer
horizontal inputs, and its stamped into the back panel. it originally had el34's now it has kt88's. thanks

Weird, the earlier 800s had them stamped on, but had vertical inputs. The later ones had stickers with a barcode and horizontal ones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The codes on the back of the pots will usually tell you what year they were made.
Out of interest, what year?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The S = '84

The S/A is a 50 watter. The 2203s only came in 100 watts. So what is it?
Last edited by The Real Ming at Oct 14, 2008,
yeah have at it someone. thought I had it figured out but I didnt this is what I got:

- Front panel says jcm 800 Lead Series
- It has two horizontal inputs
- the Serial number is stamped on the back panel
- Serial number is: S/A S1800
- On the ratings section of the back panel is written 2203
- The back says MK2 Master Model 100w Lead

I dont know what to make of it. I am going over to the dudes house at some point to pull the chasis and see what is going on. Help if you can!!! cheers
It's a JCM800 100w 2203 from the year 1984. Don't pay much attention to the "S/A" or "SL/A" and so on. This was a transitional period for Marshall and it's very common for those pre-serial code letters not to match up. I also have a 2203 with S/A at the begining. S 18000 is a nice round serial number, easy to remember. Since Marshall doesn't reset to zero every year, you have the 18,000th JCM800 ever made.
Hey thanx Gutch for the help. Ive been researching this all night and your conclusion matched my conclusion. Big thanx to you all. cheers!