Poll: Do you think the trailer does the series justice?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think the trailer does the series justice?
Yes, it totally gets atleast the essence of the story.
9 36%
No freaking way this look terrible
16 64%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 2
Hey so its nearing the time the mini series "Legend of the Seeker" is going to be released. For anyone who doesn't know its based on the first book in the "Sword of Truth" novels by Terry Goodkind called "Wizards First Rule"... I was just curious if ...
1. If any pit dwellers are a fan of this series.
2. Opinions on the upcoming mini series

I personally think it looks terrible I was really excited till I saw the preview. For one Richard is WAY too small and Kahlan is no where near pretty enough. Also: I never like the movies/t.v. programs that are heavily computer generated and this one looks overboard and makes the series look pretty crappy. What do you think?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=18Wb2yAUddg
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Oct 13, 2008,
Terry Goodkind thought it was a good idea because its 22 one hour episodes one a week and thought that it would stick closer to the book.. but just look at that trailer!! Also I have NO idea how they are going to do some of the scenes like the ones with the Mord Siths, this is going to be an epic fail if I have ever seen one.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Terry Goodkind thought it was a good idea because its 22 one hour episodes one a week and thought that it would stick closer to the book.. but just look at that trailer!! Also I have NO idea how they are going to do some of the scenes like the ones with the Mord Siths, this is going to be an epic fail if I have ever seen one.

Some of it's pretty graphic. I don't think animation can capture nuance. this is screwed
Quote by captaincrunk
Some of it's pretty graphic. I don't think animation can capture nuance. this is screwed

Also ABC is the channel that is running it :/ which is owned by disney... lame. (it should at least be run on Bravo or showtime)
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I really liked the books, but this looks awful.
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
I loved the series but . . .

Is NOTHING SACRED anymore?!?!?!??!

Jesus Christ.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by captaincrunk
It should be run exclusively in print haha

I agree one hundred percent.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
how come whenever I try and thart a thread with this content it never goes anywhere, but this one does?

I say, though, that the series will never live up to the books. The books practically shaped my teenage years, and I love them.

Case in point: They RUINED the Golden Compass, a book which I loved. I'm afraid that this may yield the same, shitty result. BUT, I will watch it anyways.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666
how come whenever I try and thart a thread with this content it never goes anywhere, but this one does?

I say, though, that the series will never live up to the books. The books practically shaped my teenage years, and I love them.

Case in point: They RUINED the Golden Compass, a book which I loved. I'm afraid that this may yield the same, shitty result. BUT, I will watch it anyways.

I will too v_v.. maybe it will turn out okay? Hopefully?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by poopsmith666

I'm so glad i never watched that

I think even LOTR was somewhat screwed because of the movie, although it wasn't bad. Only starwars was better as a movie than as a book
Quote by captaincrunk
I'm so glad i never watched that

I think even LOTR was somewhat screwed because of the movie, although it wasn't bad. Only starwars was better as a movie than as a book

The Fellowship of the Ring was pretty well done, it kinda went downhill from there. BUT! I still love the movies despite it all, I just look at the books and movies being two different things.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
and what the fuck, Richard looks like he's 13!! He's supposed to be buff and badass, just look at the covers of Stone of Tears and Faith of the Fallen:

also, I think Thomas Jane, who played The Punisher, would have made a good Richard:

am I right?
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Wow he would have been perfect! I thought that a younger version of Gerard Butler would have been great, but hes too famous now to play the part anyways. This guy would have made an awesome alternative!
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
yeah, I know huh. And you're right, the Gerard Butler is now too famous to do it.

I also think that the only person who should have ever played Zedd would be Christopher Lloyd, the professor from Back To The Future:

1.21 JIGAWATTS????

haha. But the guy who is doing Zedd looks alright. AND WHY THE FUCK IS CHASE AN INDIAN??
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

I personally think this is a GREAT kahlan!
Attachments:
Good kahlan2.jpg
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by poopsmith666
yeah, I know huh. And you're right, the Gerard Butler is now too famous to do it.

I also think that the only person who should have ever played Zedd would be Christopher Lloyd, the professor from Back To The Future:

1.21 JIGAWATTS????

haha. But the guy who is doing Zedd looks alright. AND WHY THE FUCK IS CHASE AN INDIAN??

I know!!! I was so confused I always pictured him as a HUGE (as in massive) Caucasian I was like WTF when I saw him. Christopher Lloyd was my first choice for Zedd and if it wasn't him I was thinking perhaps Patrick Steward although he isn't nearly goofy enough... or perhaps the main male character from Waking Ned Divine.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Last edited by Shadowenspirit at Oct 13, 2008,
we would make way better casting directors than these chumps, for sure

If they fuck up Jagang, I will kill them.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

They totally are going to . Stone of Tears had some epic parts to it, its one of my favourites in the series.

I think just about anyone could have done a better job casting, there isnt much competition.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
duuuude, you have a very happy 9 books ahead of you still.

but whatever you do, DON'T STOP READING AFTER THE 5TH ONE! It might get a little difficult, but continue lol. I swear to fucking god, the worst part of the entire series is the middle of Soul of the Fire.

My fave rankings would be as follows:

Faith of the Fallen
Wizard's First Rule
Confessor
Stone of Tears
Chainfire
Temple of the Winds
Phantom
Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Soul of the Fire
Blood of the Fold

I love them all though, don't get me wrong.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Last edited by poopsmith666 at Oct 13, 2008,
I love the series, but yeah I think the show is going to be an epic fail.

For one, none of the characters in the show look anything like they are described (to me) in the books. Kahlan is definitely not gorgeous enough, and Richard looks like a little kid.
my thoughts exactly. In my opinion, they never should have tried to make this. The nuances are too fine, and the characters too unique to be pinpointed by some crappy actors and a camera.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
duuuude, you have a very happy 9 books ahead of you still.

but whatever you do, DON'T STOP READING AFTER THE 5TH ONE! It might get a little difficult, but continue lol. I swear to fucking god, the worst part of the entire series is the middle of Soul of the Fire.

My fave rankings would be as follows:

Faith of the Fallen
Wizard's First Rule
Confessor
Stone of Tears
Chainfire
Temple of the Winds
Phantom
Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Soul of the Fire
Blood of the Fold

I love them all though, don't get me wrong.

I agree with your list entirely up until the very end, I would have "Soul of the Fire" and "Blood of the Fold" reversed. I almost gave up on the series because of "Soul of the Fire" it was shit.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Be prepared "Blood of the Fold" is nothing like the first two books and is really politically based (which you actually learn to like) so suffer through it like the poopsmith said... and you will be GREATLY rewarded.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
harsh to say SotF was shit. The ending made up for the rest of the book, almost. As for BotF, yes, it is a lot less whimsical and fantasy-based and becomes more about the inter relations of nations. There is some fantastic element to it, but not as much.
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
harsh to say SotF was shit. The ending made up for the rest of the book, almost. As for BotF, yes, it is a lot less whimsical and fantasy-based and becomes more about the inter relations of nations. There is some fantastic element to it, but not as much.

Okay that is true last 150 pages are good, but up until then I found it torturous.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
man I should have made this thread and lied a lot through it... then you would have all fallen for wizards first rule... but I didn't think of it till now.. fail
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by wizards?
My first rule is what now?

Also: That was pretty funny.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
I have a decade to read this book apparently.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
why?^
Quote by -Collapse-
Quote by CodySG

Quote by poopsmith666
why?^

Shadowenspirit says I have to read it within the next decade or else CHASTITY BELT.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
=D It is true.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Having read a few of the books, I'm getting excited about this. I just watched the 30 minute preview on iTunes and it looks like movie quality.

This looks like perfect Saturday viewing. Or Sunday morning.
Hey its been 2 weeks, don't let this die. Chill, guys--did you see ALL the PR and clips they put out?

It starts SATURDAY.. Nov. 1 ...

But you have to find the local station--it's syndicated. Go to the site .

And hey the guy is pretty buff--he'll grow into it like Richard does in the books.
And Bridget is great as Kahlan--here she is on The View, pretty tall, pretty gams!

Bridget/Kahlan

But watch a full show once before you chuck it, at least! The CG isn't bad, they spent some bucks. All shot in New Zealand like LOTR.
Page 1 of 2