Why is it that girls on the internet, like Myspace, Facebook and even here on UG, usually love to take tons of pictures of themselves and post it on their profile??
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Oct 13, 2008,
All of them don't.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
because of low self-esteem and the eternal quest for boyfriends

this results in tons of pics, most of them showing interesting things

free thinker
Tones of pictures? Hold on, how do you do that?

Not this again!!!

My profile picture is a-tonal.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Attention whoring, you dumb ass. Many of them incorporate the internet disease angle, which makes the fatties look like thinnies. This is why you don't meet girls on the internet, most are just as fake in real life as they are on here.
Becuase we're *****s

jkjk trust me their are plenty of guys with pictures of themselves.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
so we can fap

seriously though....

i reckon its to do with self esteem and stuff. I reckon in general(there are always exceptions) are more self concious in the way, not that they are uncomfortable with the way the look, but the feel as if they need public recognition or something and thus wallpaper there profiles with pics of themselves. Also, girls tend to be more caring about these things...

I say this, but i could find you girls profiles with few pictures of them, and guys with loads so........
Attention seeking?

The same as when they caption it with "OMG i'm so ugly here" so that they get numerous replies of "Awh no yew dontt " so they can gain social validation from a load of strangers.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by jimmy_neutron

I say this, but i could find you girls profiles with few pictures of them, and guys with loads so........

But those are usually the ugly ones...
And the guys are douches!!
Quote by CTFOD
Attention seeking?

The same as when they caption it with "OMG i'm so ugly here" so that they get numerous replies of "Awh no yew dontt " so they can gain social validation from a load of strangers.

This exactly.

You always see pics of girls on myspace etc where they make sure they look as pretty as possible then put captions like that. It makes me facepalm.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
"I'm so bored... HEY GANG, I HAVE AN IDEA! LET'S STEREOTYPE 50% OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION!

...Or we could just take photos of ourselves in revealing clothing and post them on the internet to feed our narcissm. It's really up to you. "
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
"I'm so bored... HEY GANG, I HAVE AN IDEA! LET'S STEREOTYPE 50% OF THE GLOBAL POPULATION!

...Or we could just take photos of ourselves in revealing clothing and post them on the internet to feed our narcissm. It's really up to you. "

Its more like 0.1%
They're usually the 16 yr old girls who spend most of their time on sites like myspace and facebook.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Why is it that girls on the internet, like Myspace, Facebook and even here on UG, usually love to take tones of pictures of themselves and post it on their profile??

Seriously, why is it that whenever someone tries to make an argument, they ruin their chances of ever being taken seriously?

It isn't that hard to remember that tons is a plural of ton, a unit of weight.

Okay, now that my grammer nazi mode is off

They're just attention *****s
Quote by Kite2411
Seriously, why is it that whenever someone tries to make an argument, they ruin their chances of ever being taken seriously?

oh yeah...
awww....
i'll correct that.....
If it bothers you, just do the following.

Add application on Facebook: Honesty Box and Testimonials
Go through all the people who you find annoying doing this commenting "you are fat."

I did it once, it was rather amusing.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
I find it annoying. I remember on Deviantart, when the Dark Knight came out, there was shitloads of people taking pictures of themselves face painted like the Joker. Very annoying.
because they want you to want them and they figure the more pictures they put up, the more likely you're going to find at least one that makes them look reasonably attractive. or they're just hot and doing everyone a favor.
Quote by Kite2411

Oh god pickle how I love irony.
Quote by raachel
because they want you to want them and they figure the more pictures they put up, the more likely you're going to find at least one that makes them look reasonably attractive. or they're just hot and doing everyone a favor.

your username is the name of my 1st ex... minus an 'a'.
I don't like her....
a lot of them don't actually.. most of my friends hate having pictures of themselves.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by af_the_fragile
^j00 hav ugly friends!!!

you sir are just a dick, that is only hanging out in your thread, and if someone dissagrees with your point, you have to come up with some smart ass comment, which isnt witty. I hate people like you.

"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by creeping.death!
Because you touch yourself at night.

best response i've heard all day.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by will123456789
you sir are just a dick, that is only hanging out in your thread, and if someone dissagrees with your point, you have to come up with some smart ass comment, which isnt witty. I hate people like you.

but...but... my comment wasn't smart ass or witty....