does any one else think there just as bad or worser than spders.
i just played one, and there all right for metal if all your ganna do is hitting power chords.
other than that there just real shit in IMO.
They are better than spiders but they are not he best amps in the world. Also if it sounds good with power chords and good with nothing else then you either have scooped your mids or can only play power chords.
its not that they just sound to fizzy and trebly way more than on any spider ive played.
even on the clean channel.
and dont tell me i cant play anything other than power chords.
I just think its funny how everyone had such high hopes for this amp but it just ended up being another flop.
looks like vox and roland are still leading the way for cheap moddelers.
Quote by THEKID546
its not that they just sound to fizzy and trebly way more than on any spider ive played.
even on the clean channel.
and dont tell me i cant play anything other than power chords.
I just think its funny how everyone had such high hopes for this amp but it just ended up being another flop.
looks like vox and roland are still leading the way for cheap moddelers.

You need to turn the mids up and turn the treble down. The amp is fine.
i dont know im just after playing one i dont know how anyone could buy one next to a roland or a vox, its practicly like buying a spider you know what i mean, or a raven.
Quote by THEKID546
i dont know im just after playing one i dont know how anyone could buy one next to a roland or a vox, its practicly like buying a spider you know what i mean.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but in my opinion just about any amp beats a spider apart from MGs. Also I would rather have a trebly amp than a muddy vox.
Quote by THEKID546
^true that, all modellers have there pros and cons.

That said they value for money of decent modelers is fantastic considering the versatility even if some sound quality is sacrificed. Line 6 Flextones are great amps.
You've just got to play with the EQ and adjust it in. I felt the same way at first but after playing around with it for a while I got it to sounding better. On a related note the factory speakers (Peavey Blue Marvel) suck really bad. I put a Celestion in mine and it helped alot. TheEsupremacy put an Eminence Swamp Thang in his and he says it sounds better than the stock speaker too. The Vypyrs are really good amps they just have shitty speakers in them.
yah thats what i figured one of the major problems on the amp was, a really shitty speaker.
I guese i wasnt on one for long maybe like 25 minutes or so. another thing i diddnt like about it was that it wasnt versatile it was like all it could do was distoriton, to heavy distortion and nothing in between, the cleans where terrible as well, reminds me of the cleans on the valveking.
I guese the only ones i would consider buying is the 15 watt and even then i would just get a fender champ XD instead. but for 100 bucks what do you expect out of the amp you know, but if i had to chose between a roland micro and a 15 watt vypyr id chose the micro,
for shear simpleness and just plain better tone.
but then again tone is subjective to each person, maybe i should give it more time tough.
^hahahhahaha, please.
you havent tried the fender champ XD best cheap practice amp ever.
Quote by THEKID546
^hahahhahaha, please.
you havent tried the fender champ XD best cheap practice amp ever.

I'm not going to argue this with you. Let me rephrase the obvious - Best practice amp for "ME".
When I write a riff I like to add or subtract effects to suit the song. Sometimes I use 'em, sometimes I don't. BUT, I can take a tune, riff, farther THIS way. Dude, I have a bad ass Fender, don't talk to me about Fenders lol.

When I finish a riff I'll turn ON the Fender and play it, just to see what it sounds like the way I will eventually play it...

That simple.
That's why the Peavey Vypyr works for me. If you don't like it, that's totally cool with me man. Just take the "best" out of my previous comment.
Quote by THEKID546
^hahhahah i like you man.
i completely understand

I thought you would. Someday I'd like to use a Herbert, Cobra, or Ubershall to "practice" on. hehe.
Then the old Peavey Vypyr will be in the garage housing Spiders (real ones, not the Line 6 ones)
o.O

I was going to get a Vypyr 60... but this thread made me think twice about it
^Why would you buy an amp that you've never played?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by xJuan91x
o.O

I was going to get a Vypyr 60... but this thread made me think twice about it

Most people that try them like them. I've only seen about 3 or 4 people that didn't like them. So give the 60 a try you might like it.
Quote by Kevin Saale
^Why would you buy an amp that you've never played?

Well I was gonna play it before buying it, obviously, but I've heard so many good things about the Vypyrs that i thought i finally chose the right one... but after seeing this thread... eh...

ill still try it out, though
^Ok. To be honest, going in planning on not buying an amp is the best way to try them out. If you still like the amp after seeing this thread then that should tell you you really do like the amp.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
They are better than spiders but they are not he best amps in the world.

I beg to differ. The spider is alright if all you do is have the drive on 10 and decide that you like shitty tone on everything except high treble/mids/drive setting on. Vyper isn't that much more outstanding the Spiders. (Spider III's that is)
^Eh, never played the vypyr, but seeing as how shite the spiders are I doubt they could be worse.
So was this intended to be a Vypyr hate thread? Also you can't compare a SuperChampXD $300 with a Vypyr 15 $99. But you are allowed to not like it. I thought it was very good for $99, but "tone is subjective" as you (and many others before you) have said.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.