Hey guys I wanna add the second toggle switch on my strat to control the neck pickup independently. So Does anyone have a copy og the Black Strat's circuit diagram. I cant find it anywhere

maybe some one could draw it up?
I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, but I do know the mod you're talking about. A guy I know showed me this mod when I told him I had switched the middle and bridge pickups around on the selector so I could get the neck and bridge pickup at the same time, the mod he showed me is much better. The thing I like most about this mod is how simple it is, two small pieces of wire and an on off switch you can get from radioshack.
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2008/Oct/The_Seven_Sound_Stratocaster.aspx The first diagram or the mini toggle switch method are my favorite, with the dpdt switches you can get all the normal pickup variations, as well as the two extra you don't get on a normal strat, and all the out of phase pickup options. But the first diagram with a single switch is easiest, but only gives you the original selections and the two extra, most people don't like the out of phase pickup variations anyway so this is probably the one you want to go with.
thanks for the info but I wanna add a mini toggle switch to control the neck pickup for all other positions other than the neck pickup position juts like David Gilmour's black strat
You mean so you can turn the neck on and off? Simple:
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
so can anyone give me a diagram of David Gilmour's Black Strat. Thats basically what i'm asking for sorry I wasn't clear enough before
Quote by Invader Jim
afad: That's the wrong switch. It has to be a SPDT and hooked up just like that, but the other lug grounded. Otherwise it'll inject noise into the signal.

It doesn't have to be SPDT, it can be DPDT...
Quote by GibsonStratMan
so can anyone give me a diagram of David Gilmour's Black Strat. Thats basically what i'm asking for sorry I wasn't clear enough before

you want the first diagram of the page I linked at the top, the one with the single switch...yeah, that's it.
Last edited by david_highland at Oct 13, 2008,
Well, then you'd have a whole unused column. And DPDTs are more expensive. Why does it even matter if it's SPDT or DPDT? Hell, he could use a 4PDT and it wouldn't make a difference. It just has to have 2 throws.
Quote by david_highland
It doesn't have to be SPDT, it can be DPDT...

you want the first diagram of the page I linked at the top, the one with the single switch...yeah, that's it.

that diagram is for the the bridge pickup, I want to do it with the neck pickup becasue thats how David Gilmour's strat is set up and thats how I want mine to be set up, so if you could redraw the diagram that would be great
ok, now I have another question what kind of switches can I use for this (I'm not using a push pull knob) SPDT or DPDT?
Quote by GibsonStratMan
ok, now I have another question what kind of switches can I use for this (I'm not using a push pull knob) SPDT or DPDT?

That diagram is for the neck pickup, see how the wire is attached to the little N? and if it weren't you'd just attach the wire to the neck pickup instead of the bridge. And just use spdt, it's cheaper and easier.
Quote by Invader Jim
Well, then you'd have a whole unused column. And DPDTs are more expensive. Why does it even matter if it's SPDT or DPDT? Hell, he could use a 4PDT and it wouldn't make a difference. It just has to have 2 throws.

You can use that extra column for phase switching..
Quote by david_highland
That diagram is for the neck pickup, see how the wire is attached to the little N? and if it weren't you'd just attach the wire to the neck pickup instead of the bridge. And just use spdt, it's cheaper and easier.

can you draw a full strat circuit diagram with a SPDT switch, I don't care for phase switching
Quote by GibsonStratMan
that diagram is for the the bridge pickup, I want to do it with the neck pickup becasue thats how David Gilmour's strat is set up and thats how I want mine to be set up, so if you could redraw the diagram that would be great

hehe... Gilmour fanboy. I'm actually doing this mod this weekend, so I guess I'm glad I found this thread.
I not really a huge Gilmour fanboy

hes just one of my top 3 strat wielders (Gilmnour, Corgan, Hendrix) well maybe I am

I just wanna add more tonal variations to my strat

and my strat is really a combination of Gilmour, Corgan and hendrix's strats in terms of looks and tone