I don't think anyone has attempted to get these guys in the Metal forum. They're a Prog. Metal band with some core influence but I think they qualify for the Metal forum. They're one of the few Christian bands that aren't annoying in their lyrics. (Well, maybe a little if you look into them more.) The main thing that has core about it is the vocals but he does growls in some songs. Either way I think Progressive Metal fans will enjoy them. They aren't extremely Progressive but they have their fair share of interludes and such. (Into Oblivion is a good song to start with.)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5228652

EDIT: If this thread dies a horrible death due to mislabeling, I recognize my mistake.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I don't know what to think... sounds pretty good until the vocals come in and then I think "pretty meh but on the good side of pretty meh" and then one of the generic metalcore melodic interludes comes in and I go "ugh".
They're actually decent from what I remember, perhaps I'll give them another shot.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
the new album (with hevy devy producing and doing guest vocals) is really worth a shot in my opinion. In my humble opinion I hear a lot of similarities to gojira.

And I don't give a **** about their christian lyrics (just like any real metalhead shouldn't).
Quote by flamencogod
the new album (with hevy devy producing and doing guest vocals) is really worth a shot in my opinion. In my humble opinion I hear a lot of similarities to gojira.

And I don't give a **** about their christian lyrics (just like any real metalhead shouldn't).

Cuz lyrics mean nothing...

seriously, the thing I don't like about this band are the clean vocals. They're entirely off-key.
Lyrics really shouldn't affect your opinion of the band too much...

I might have to check the new stuff out because of Dev, but everything else I've heard was really meh.
Quote by Tehzekester

that isn't my point. Lyrics need to be good, they don't need to fit the standart, required, contend most metalband's lyrics do.

And listen again, those vocals aren't of key, they just don't appeal to you, live up to your expectations or whatever bugs you.

Townsend as a producers makes things interesting, besides giving them a really solid production it makes it harder for the anti-christians to hate them
Quote by flamencogod
that isn't my point. Lyrics need to be good, they don't need to fit the standart, required, contend most metalband's lyrics do.

And listen again, those vocals aren't of key, they just don't appeal to you, live up to your expectations or whatever bugs you.

Townsend as a producers makes things interesting, besides giving them a really solid production it makes it harder for the anti-christians to hate them

No. The clean vocals ARE off key. I'm not pulling **** out of my ass. I used to listen to this band. Aletheian, another band the guitarist who does the clean vocals is in, has the same problem.
Quote by Tehzekester
No. The clean vocals ARE off key. I'm not pulling **** out of my ass. I used to listen to this band. Aletheian, another band the guitarist who does the clean vocals is in, has the same problem.

In my opinion, you're wrong, his vocals just fit into the music in a more complex way compared to what is considered to be normal, same with his vocals in Aletheian where he seems to take the same approach. To me this kind of harmony is getting more common with bands like neurosis and (less underground) mastodon. Just my opinion of course.
Quote by Tehzekester

seriously, the thing I don't like about this band are the clean vocals. They're entirely off-key.

I don't think they're out of key but I don't like them. Their first album kicked ass.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I don't think they're out of key but I don't like them. Their first album kicked ass.

if you liked terminate damnation you'll like their new album - dichotomy. they cut out the clean vocals and got a new guitarist, muy bueno. i didn't care much for their second album. if you ever get a chance to see them live, take it. they're awesome on stage.
Quote by brandonian
if you liked terminate damnation you'll like their new album - dichotomy. they cut out the clean vocals and got a new guitarist, muy bueno. i didn't care much for their second album. if you ever get a chance to see them live, take it. they're awesome on stage.

I'm pretty sure their old one came back. I might buy it sometime. I would love some Terminate Damnation type music again.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Double post but....

First track on the new album is pretty ****ing good. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by GBcommander
MA says there progressive death metal... I think Ill check this out.

I never agreed with the Death Metal title much. They have some good growls in places but the main vocal style is more Metalcore like.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls