I am thinking about picking up a 212 with the Vintage 30 and GH12 30. It is also ported and has a nice bass response.

I just never see any mention of them on here.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
We regard Dr. Z as a very well respected boutique amp company. Absolutely great amps.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Dr. Z amps are great and all, but you could get better in the Boutique world. They don't take pedals very well, especially overdrives and distortions. If you're in to Voxy kind of amps with more features, then by all means go for it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dr. Z amps are great and all, but you could get better in the Boutique world. They don't take pedals very well, especially overdrives and distortions. If you're in to Voxy kind of amps with more features, then by all means go for it.

I used to have a Maz 18 and it took pedals really well, especially Drive and Fuzz etc...
Quote by ClementWave
I used to have a Maz 18 and it took pedals really well, especially Drive and Fuzz etc...

They Maz 18 I tried took pedals like crud. It sounded like icepicks through it. I had tried a Zvex Super Duper and a Catalinbread OD through them and it was the same deal.

It was the same deal through a Maz 38.

They sound fantastic alone though. I really dug the KT-45 that I tried. The Carmen Ghia was cool too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
They're dreadful, buy an MG instead.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
They're dreadful, buy an MG instead.

Hey man, not cool.

Out of his price and skill range.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey man, not cool.

Out of his price and skill range.

If you're going from that angle, then it's out of everyone's price and skill range. No one's truly skilled enough to play through one of those pieces of heaven.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Too funny about the MG. I will pass as I already have an AVT so no need.

I am ordering the Dr. Z 2X12 tomorrow. I spoke with several shops today that carried Orange, Bogner, Diezel, H&K and etc. and they all recommended the Dr. Z over everything else in the 2X12 range. It will be nice to have the mixture in speakers.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Quote by 996ttcab
Too funny about the MG. I will pass as I already have an AVT so no need.

I am ordering the Dr. Z 2X12 tomorrow. I spoke with several shops today that carried Orange, Bogner, Diezel, H&K and etc. and they all recommended the Dr. Z over everything else in the 2X12 range. It will be nice to have the mixture in speakers.

Waitwaitwait, are you looking for an amp that can do high gain? Because that's not Dr. Z.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Waitwaitwait, are you looking for an amp that can do high gain? Because that's not Dr. Z.

He's looking for a cab.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He's looking for a cab.

Oh right. I thought by 2x12 he meant a combo. >.>
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Oh right. I thought by 2x12 he meant a combo. >.>

He all ignored the fact that he was talking cabs so we could flaunt our snobby E-Penae around.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
lol @ whoever said they don't take pedals well...

have you ever heard gearmandude on youtube? he demo's like EVERY pedal in existance, and he uses a dr. z maz18 and gets amazing tones
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Sonicxlover

I am just looking for another speaker cabinet. I wanted something a little more portable than a 4X12. Heck, at my age, that Orange 2X12 is heavy. The Dr. Z comes in at a spritely 20 pounds lighter than the Orange and I also think having the GH12 with the Vintage 30 will maybe keep it from sounding as muddy at times.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
Last edited by 996ttcab at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by danyellenik
lol @ whoever said they don't take pedals well...

have you ever heard gearmandude on youtube? he demo's like EVERY pedal in existance, and he uses a dr. z maz18 and gets amazing tones

There's a difference between playing the amp, and listening to a youtube video sonny.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by 996ttcab
I am just looking for another speaker cabinet. I wanted something a little more portable than a 4X12. Heck, at my age, that Orange 2X12 is heavy. The Dr. Z comes in at a spritely 20 pounds lighter than the Orange and I also think having the GH12 with the Vintage 30 will maybe keep it from sounding as muddy at times.

That sounds like an awesome speaker combo. G12H30s are my personal favorite, & V30s are right up there. Buying the Z cab, at least you know you're getting the best available. Depending on how much you're spending, you may want to check these out as well. I have one, & slatsmania has one as well. They're ultra-responsive hemp-cone speakers.

http://www.tonetubby.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Cool. Those speakers look nice.

I just bought the Z Best Dr. Z cabinet. I may even replace one of the Vintage 30s n my Orange if I like the Z Best enough after using it for a while.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212