why is my guitar ALWAYS outta tune??...ahem...is it me?
seems like when i get it tuned and play a couple chords, i have to tune it again...and again...any ideas?

Well, what kind of a guitar is it?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
tuners, and the nut may be parts of the problem. Lubricate the nut (lol) with graphite, or maybe the bridge saddles.

And locking tuners are a godsend.

What type of guitar do you have?

EDIT: Oh, Epi LP xD Refer to my previous statement.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Last edited by Kai07 at Oct 13, 2008,
What gauge strings do you use? I have a epi lp custom with power slinkies on it and in almost never goes out of tune. Except for the G string. Annoys the hell out of me. Maybe you should stretch your strings out. Go up a note or two really quick with the tuners. I go 1 full step up everytime i change my slinkies.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
i`ve got super slinkies on it now...i`ve tried to stretch `em...maybe didn`t stretch far enough

super slinkies, id go up 1 1/2 maybe 2 steps. if you're feeling froggy, 2 1/2 or 3?
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
when was the last time the intonation on the guitar was set? also, check to make sure the nut is ok.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
umm...i`m not sure i know what set the intonation means. do i have to take it to a music store?

i'd do that since you don't know what it is.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 15, 2008,
1. Your guitar is shitty
2. Your strings are shitty
3. Your intonation is shitty
4. Your tuners are shitty
5. There is no 5
6. No poofters

It's one of those.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My Epi G-400 stays in tune for days. I can never get the low E to be perfectly in tune though.

Quote by wthrfrd
umm...i`m not sure i know what set the intonation means. do i have to take it to a music store?

No, you shouldn't, it's dead easy, especially with a tune-o-matic. There's plenty of lessons on how to do it online, and it is a basic guitar maintenance thing, I'd just learn how to do it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Oct 16, 2008,