Ok, so I was trying to play, but I plugged in my BOSS SD-1 into my VOX AD15VT, and then into my guitar, and when ever I let go of the strings, it makes this unbelievably annoying high-pitche squealling sound, I can't even play it. I am going to get rid of both someday, but can someone tell me why this is. God I can't wait til I get rid of that piece of shit VOX calls an amp.
You haven't made it anywhere until they make an action figure of you.
this happened to me at lessons there was no pedal but there was alot of feedback but it never happens to my amp so yea it must be youre p.o.s. vox
Hey, the AD series is one of the better practice amps. Fool around with your settings a bit, a distortion pedal into a modeling amp is never a good idea.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I think its more your pedal than your amp. Everybody knows you aren't supposed to use pedals with modeling amps. Plus, that pedal isn't very good as it is.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
The DS-1 is not a bad pedal sorry. Its feedback, it depends how close he is to the amp, and how much he has everything cranked. Why do you think so many guitarists play a riff then turn down their volume knob right after.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by darondood
Sorry, I am a good player, but I am not big on lingo, what is feedback and how would you stop it?

While we're on the topic of shit amps, should I trade my VOX for this.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack?sku=482705

Well...Stop putting a disortion pedal in a modelling amp.

And no, not unless you want to trade a decent amp for a really shit thing that people will laugh at you for.

EDIT: And I don't mean that the DS-1 is a terrible pedal, its just noisy, and I've always had noise problems with the ones I've used.

Double edit: Oh...its a SD one. My bad. Never used one of those, but its supposed to be better. Nevermind what I said dissing your pedal.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Last edited by Cutlass_253 at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by darondood
Sorry, I am a good player, but I am not big on lingo, what is feedback and how would you stop it?

While we're on the topic of shit amps, should I trade my VOX for this.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG15MSII-Micro-Stack?sku=482705

dont use the pedal (or keep the knobs on the pedal low and slowly raise them up as needed), keep the distortion on the amp low and raise it up gradually as needed (keep the amp distortion off if using the pedal).

Also, that MG is another shit amp, look at the epiphone Valve Junior, I have one and I use it with a DS-1 (made by the same company as your SD-1) and there are no problems.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by DSOTM80
The DS-1 is not a bad pedal sorry. Its feedback, it depends how close he is to the amp, and how much he has everything cranked. Why do you think so many guitarists play a riff then turn down their volume knob right after.

It's and SD-1, not a DS-1.
What i dont get is that if you arent supposed to use pedals with modelling amps, then how come the ad100vt has an effects loop jack?
Since you guys say I shouldn't get the Marshall, what is a good amp that is NOT modeling, and that is a decent size for a reasonable price.
Quote by XeRoXyoS
What i dont get is that if you arent supposed to use pedals with modelling amps, then how come the ad100vt has an effects loop jack?

For other effects, and things like loopers and eqs. You wouldn't put a distortion or overdrive through the loop anyway.

^depends what kinda music you wanna play or what sound you want out of it.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Are you playing a distortion pedal through the distortion channel? That never worked for me on a solid state. Play the pedal through the clean channel.
^ Well, I'm a big Bon Jovi fan, so something like that?
I use the AD15 at school with everythign on full (except the gain) and I don't get bad feedback unless i'm on a real high gain amp model, it's the pedal
have you changed the chanel to clean before engaging the pedal that gives you a p.o.s tone.
cheers
stew
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
make sure your on a clean setting on your amp because if you have 2 distortions running you can get a pretty buzzy sound
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by darondood
haha
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by darondood
Ok, so I was trying to play, but I plugged in my BOSS SD-1 into my VOX AD15VT, and then into my guitar, and when ever I let go of the strings, it makes this unbelievably annoying high-pitche squealling sound, I can't even play it. I am going to get rid of both someday, but can someone tell me why this is. God I can't wait til I get rid of that piece of shit VOX calls an amp.

Temporarily kill the feedback by turning the master volume down to zero. Press preset and roll the amp selector down to "boutique clean", set the gain & volume roughly to 50%. Write the preset and try bringing the master back up a bit to try your pedal. I don't know why it wouldn't work, I do it with the AD50VT's we have @ the music school.

If you still get nasty noises, it's probably your guitar. Your pickups are maybe not sealed...