i've not been using my amp for quite a while now - since I got my Pocket Pod I've been plugged into that and headphones pretty much every practice session.

i'm beginning to think though that whilst the pocket pod is a great bit of kit you still need to practice through a proper amp setup.

any thoughts on this?
Well yea the pocket pod is nice, but its also good to practice from your amp setup kus you can actually adjust to how you want it to sound. the amp will sound different than through headphones because its just a completely different set up. so if you practice through that and go play a show with your amp, it wont sound the same, it may even sound bad. its good to get to know your amp setup and practice with it as well.
I saw a thread a bit like this about a year or so ago. Majority of people said they practice most of the time without an amplifier, but also benefit from playing with the amp at least 20% of the time.
If I'm playing electric its plugged in.

I like it loud.

If I don't feel like using an amp I'll just grab my acoustic.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
on average, I used to play without my amp 2/5 times when I got my guitar out, Since after installing a Toggleswitch though, I tend to plug my guitar into the amp, and soon I should be getting a digitech whammy and delay pedal so I will continue to use my amp for practise .
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)