Alright, this may sound like a pretty dumb question, but is there a difference in terms of sound between these two amps?

I know the DSL 100 is 100 Watts, and the DSL 50 is 50 Watts, but does this mean that I can have the DSL 50 play at lower volumes and still get a tone similar to the DSL 100 would at higher volumes?
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
There's not that much of a difference. There is hardly a difference in volume. In fact, you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference.

The 100 watter is probably a wee bit more aggressive.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Clean headroom man thats the difference dude the 100 will have more clean headroom man
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
ah but would it make any difference in the overdriven sound?

I love the of a cranked DSL 100 with the tubes pushed hard, so I'm wondering if I could achieve that with a DSL 50 at a lower volume.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Quote by Khoifish321
ah but would it make any difference in the overdriven sound?

I love the of a cranked DSL 100 with the tubes pushed hard, so I'm wondering if I could achieve that with a DSL 50 at a lower volume.

100 watt amp cranked: Around 136 dB
50 watt amp cranked: Around 134 dB

That's cranked mind you. The 50 watter will obtain power tube saturation at lower volume, but it still needs to breath. Probably at about 6-7 on the Master.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
awesome, thanks a lot for the info

I'll probably just get an attenuator then, probably need one for the DSL 50 anyways
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Actually i beleve the diffrence in volume is only around 12% but i think they might be a diffrence in how low the volume can be befor tube breakup although i could be wrong.
if the dsl50 is significantly cheaper then get it. they have enough clean headroom, and yes they will give you slightly better od at lower volumes, but your ears wil be bleeding anyway.

really not a lot of difference. less tubes to pay for. i always go for the 50 watters. more than enough and most places have a pa system