Anybody love Moe. they're a jam band that started in 1989 and have put out tons of albums.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
They are amazing indeed.. Look them up on iclips.net to see them at moedown this year. I think they are the best jam band of our time.
moe is great ..

just kidding.. good band.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
I heard this was the last year of moedown? but I don't know if that's true.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I plan on goin to see them in 2010 at jam cruise. You ever heard of jam cruise??
Yeah that'd be cool, except I can't get my sealegs.

Quote by denizenz

I don't own any moe. albums (the only recording I have of any moe. member playing music is of Chuck Garvey joining The Allman Brothers Band to play a cover of the Willie Dixon tune The Same Thing), but I've listened to the band quite a lot. While I know that the group is regarded more-so as a live band, there was a certain track (the name of which I don't remember) from one of their studio albums that absolutely blew me away.
I don't own any moe. either, but I found a jam band station that plays these guys quite a lot, and they are extremely talented. The first two albums (forgot what they were called) are my favorites right now.

Quote by denizenz

^ Head Seed and No Doy were their 2 first studio (I am reading this, I didn't know off hand). I haven't heard those I have Tin Cans and Car Tires and Wormwood (both studio albums) and I would highly recommend both. Tin Cans and Car Tires has way more slide guitar which is one of my favorite aspects of their sound because hardly any of their stuff is bluesy but they use a ton of slide guitar.
Quote by soundgarden19
I heard this was the last year of moedown? but I don't know if that's true.

bout time there is a moe. thread(are jam bands starting to get noticed more??nice)

yea this year was he last moe.down they are going on a temp hiatus they got the fam kidsand etc. but they will be back.

but this years moe.down was nuts. out of the 3 im been to the moe. sets were killer.
and the marco benevento joe russo duo rocked too.

but moe. is so sick moe.down this year was my 11th time seening them one of my favorite bands.

Tin Cans And Car Tires plan crash is such a awsome song i went to 6 moe. shows before they played it. it was f*cking awsome
also Fatboy is another of my favorite ablum

EDIT
Quote by A Poe
I plan on goin to see them in 2010 at jam cruise. You ever heard of jam cruise??

hell yeaha i wish i was 21 so i could go on one this years line up is sick. les claypool keller williams, medeski martin and wood, grace potter, buslte in your hedgerow(the marcobenevento joe russo duo doing all instrumental covers of zeppelin i have a bootleg killer sounding.
Last edited by fudger at Oct 15, 2008,
^ The first time I heard Plane Crash's chorus and it was like "So ****ing high" it threw me off so bad. 'cuz the whole album is all laid back and then bam! profanity. In a good way though I love that song (also a jam band saying "so ****ing high" about being in a plane? that's tricky man)
yea lol plane crash is one awsome some it made me mad that they didnt play it until the 6th time i seen them.

whats everones opinion on sticks and stones??
yea some of the backing tracks are from some live shows i believe. its a pretty commercialized album. its kinda like their farmhouse if you know what i mean. its still a good album though.
theres a few songs on their studio stuff thats ok, nothing amazing though, but most of it sucks. I saw them live and thought they were better than in the studio but not anything that got me too excited.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily