hey, i've been playing for three years now, (electric for only 2) but the tips of my fingers are still getting torn up after long periods of playing. what are the best kind of strings that are very smooth almost should i say silky to the touch but still have good tone and durability.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Nylon string on a electric guitar won't work...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Uhhh, Lets see....its called suck it up buttercup. The more you play the tougher your fingures get.End Of Story
Quote by 7stringkiller
Uhhh, Lets see....its called suck it up buttercup. The more you play the tougher your fingures get.End Of Story

Man, I wish my penis was as big as yours.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
wow. what great replies.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Perhaps you need to go down a gauge.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by mike.h
Man, I wish my penis was as big as yours.

lol haha wow

and yes go down a gauge say .08's or go back to acoustic.
Quote by 7stringkiller

This. I would say drop a gauge, but you'll probably notice a loss of tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
This. I would say drop a gauge, but you'll probably notice a loss of tone.

I agree with the first part, but the "loss of tone" thing is entirely subjective.

My elixer 9s sound better than any other brand at any gauge to my ears.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Flatwounds are completely smooth, if you can find a light enough gauge, but they're not easy to play and you probably won't like how they sound or feel. Otherwise GHS Nickel rockers are groundwound so they're much smoother than other strings.