Page 1 of 3
i searched and didnt find one specifically on this topic. so, what do you guys think about the season? personally, i like the university of south carolina gamecocks. does anyone agree w/ me that w/ texas' win this past saturday, and the usc bias in the polls, we could see another texas v. usc national championship game? i believe so. discuss.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by monkeysintheday
I don't know much about college football, but WE ARE PENN STATE.

penn st. could win the big 10. i mean, michigan is rebuilding like a mofo, mich st. is only mediocre, northwestern is a fraud, and ohio st. (grrrrr) is extremely overrated.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
by football... do you mean 'football' or do you mean 'american football'?
i completely agree about the USC bias in the media. I mean jesus christ they LOST. how many perfect teams are there (at least 3) and USC still gets all the attention.

goddammit...
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by Shyne
by football... do you mean 'football' or do you mean 'american football'?

american my friend. i was hoping the "ncaa" would help describe which one i was talking about. sorry.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by kennyvspenny
i completely agree about the USC bias in the media. I mean jesus christ they LOST. how many perfect teams are there (at least 3) and USC still gets all the attention.

goddammit...

+123456789
they should have dropped alot lower than they did. i mean, oregon st.?! they had a losing record when they beat them! and even when usc does, w/e team is ahead of them in the polls, when they lose, usc jumps right up to that spot.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
how on earth am i supposed to know what ncaa stands for?

could be 'National **** Archery society of Austria'

haha... i shall leave your thread alone, and return to my football, leaving you to yours.

adieu
stands for National Collegiate Athletics Association.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i searched and didnt find one specifically on this topic. so, what do you guys think about the season? personally, i like the university of south carolina gamecocks. does anyone agree w/ me that w/ texas' win this past saturday, and the usc bias in the polls, we could see another texas v. usc national championship game? i believe so. discuss.

If you are a gamecock fan, then you should appreciate the fact that Tommy Bowden got fired today.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
oh yeah. clemson blows so bad. all that talent and they find plenty of ways to lose. i mean, the acc has been theres for the taking the last 3 years, but they always find ways to lose to teams like maryland. lulz. looks like a "W" for us in clemson this year.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
USC deserves the hype they get. WHY? Well look at their talent, the coach, and how they manage to slaughter pretty much every team they play. The games USC loses are close games.
Who remembers that last time USC was blown out by an opponent?
Quote by Strato-Massacre
+123456789
they should have dropped alot lower than they did. i mean, oregon st.?! they had a losing record when they beat them! and even when usc does, w/e team is ahead of them in the polls, when they lose, usc jumps right up to that spot.

because when it comes to playing good teams, southern cal would do better than any team.
Sent from my iPad.
longhorns!!!! im in houston and youre either texas tech, aggies, or longhorns
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
the only team right now that deserves their ranking is Texas. They have a good QB and they showed composure against oaklahoma
Well I'm a freshman here at U of M and I've got to say this season is a joke. We lost to a MAC team for the first time I think ever last weekend. The Wisconsin game was the only good one thus far. I do hope Penn State keeps it up though, reppin the Big Ten.
I hate USC so I loved it when they got beat (btw, Pete Carroll looks like a less retarded John Kerry). I do like Texas a lot though so as long as it's not USC in the championship I'll be content. It'd be nice to see Penn State in it though.
Personally though, MSU's team is a joke. Javon Ringer is pretty good but the team hasn't had any hard games really and won't till the end of the season, which is why they're ranked so high now. And ****K OSU. Man I hate the buckeyes.
Overall, I haven't enjoyed this season that much, probably due to Michigan's performances but whatever. Hopefully RichRod can pull something together and they'll be sick in a few years.
/rant
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
Quote by Strato-Massacre
oh yeah. clemson blows so bad. all that talent and they find plenty of ways to lose. i mean, the acc has been theres for the taking the last 3 years, but they always find ways to lose to teams like maryland. lulz. looks like a "W" for us in clemson this year.

I'm a Clemson fan/alum, and even I'll admit we've blown some major opportunities. We've got GT, BC and FSU over the next three weeks; Dabo (interim head coach) had better come out swinging.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
well shouldnt usc have to beat all the bad teams then, like oregon st.?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
im with you edthesped23. ohio state is extremely overrated. and the rest of the big ten for that matter, except possibly penn st. they are really good this year. i say they go nowhere worse than the rose bowl, win, and joe-pa bows out gracefully.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
and also, the pac-10 for that matter is overrated. i mean, those defenses just stifle ppl, dont they? the sec top to bottom has to be the best conference.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Oh my dear god... just read the first few posts, and I have to say this..

I HATE USC

So hard... Everybody sucks their dick for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I ALSO HATE NOTRE DAME.

More than I hate USC... because they're not even CLOSE to good... but they still get excessive amounts of coverage... WHY!? THEY'RE AWFUL! Jesus Christ... The only time Notre Dame is good is in movies.
notre dame's overrated ness doesnt count on grounds that theyre irrelevant right now anyway. but yeah, people do need to jump off the usc bandwagon.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by RockThe40oz
Oh my dear god... just read the first few posts, and I have to say this..

I HATE USC

So hard... Everybody sucks their dick for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I ALSO HATE NOTRE DAME.

More than I hate USC... because they're not even CLOSE to good... but they still get excessive amounts of coverage... WHY!? THEY'RE AWFUL! Jesus Christ... The only time Notre Dame is good is in movies.

The media wants ND to be good so badly. During the Carolina game, the announcers would not stop talking about how this was the first time ND was 4-1 (now 4-2) and not ranked in top 25.
ND blows. they play weak schedules and dont dominate their sched. the way a GOOD team should.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Wooo Ball State!
Fender Jaguar Bass
Crate BT100
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Pi Big Muff
Behringer Bass Flanger

you know you're a bassist when...

you wake in the morning and your bass is in the bed and your girlfriend is on the floor
Alabama should be ranked number one imho.
I'm a georgia fan, and for my team I think they have the talent they are just getting used to playing teams worth something now in the season (no offense to you as a SC fan)
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

the usc georgia game is always close, regardless of the kind of season each of the schools are having. its just been going in georgias favor alot lately. but no, alabama should not. how could they come to ga and do what they did to you guys there, then barely beat kentucky? texas has dominated all the teams they should, and beat oklahoma comfortably. they deserve it.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
I also typically sense an anti=virginia tech bias on sportscenter.. they hate us, I think... I remember last year when they were talking about teams that could possibly end up in the championship game, they completely neglected to mention us AT ALL (Trust me.. my roommates and I watched sportscenter all that day and watched them completely forget about us). Nevermind the fact that we were ranked 4 at the end of the last week (I believe), and that we ended up ranked 3 going into the orange bowl.... but still.. teams like USC were being picked to go up against OSU when they were RANKED LOWER THAN US.

I just don't get it... I'll never get it, I guess.

Granted we would have been annihilated anyways, but it's the principle of the matter... I'd much rather lose the championship game than the orange bowl...

Oh... I also hate how all the announcers feel like it's their duty to make comments about how much football helped us get through the April 16th shooting... It's garbage... Our strong community and sense of family helped us get through it.. not some silly game. It's annoying and slightly offensive to me.... especially since they think they need to mention it every damned time we're on major network television.
well, its not vt's fault, but the acc just SUCKS. bottom line. and the strength of schedule is always the only legit excuse the media has, so they use it to their advantage. in all honesty though, i would not have wanted to see osu v. vt. and i do believe lsu would have annihilated you guys as well. sorry for my brutal honesty, just mho.
and yeah, that shooting happened, 4 months before football season? why couldnt they talk about baseball, which was going on at the time, or softball?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Yeah, the ACC is pretty awful... and LSU probably would have crushed us, but not as bad as they did the first time we played them in the season... that was just nasty...

It's just the fact that our only two losses came from teams that were ranked no 2 at the time (LSU and BC... even though we should have won that damned BC game... if we did, it probably wouldn't have even been a discussion, we would have been in). LSU lost to unranked teams.

In all honesty, it's all about hype, and OSU v LSU was chosen because both teams had been hyped so much and that's the match up people really wanted to see. It wasn't about quality of wins and losses... it was about making excuses so they could play that match up
First off, Roll Tide.

We (Alabama), deserve our ranking. We had two bad games, Tulane and Kentucky. It's because we have only played to the hype of the game so far. Papa Nick has spent he last week fixing that. Still, dominating 2 top 10 teams on the road so far, I think we should have been first. I like second, though.

Also, how do teams like USC win? It's because they don't play anybody. The SEC is, hands down, the toughest conference.
unc top 5? no. 15 yes. 10, quite possibly. but not 5. i can name the preseason top 5 2 years from now. some order of: usc, texas, oklahoma, lsu, alabama. not unc. but dont get me wrong, you guys are good. i CAN see yall playing in a bcs game (non-nati'l champ.), because you guys have the best coach in the conference, good players coming in, and i dont see the acc getting more competitive any time soon.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by RockThe40oz
I certainly won't deny that...

ive established that point earlier.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by monkeysintheday
WE ARE PENN STATE.

i have to agree with that one. PSU is looking great, and im very happy.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Yeah, the ACC is pretty awful... and LSU probably would have crushed us, but not as bad as they did the first time we played them in the season... that was just nasty...

It's just the fact that our only two losses came from teams that were ranked no 2 at the time (LSU and BC... even though we should have won that damned BC game... if we did, it probably wouldn't have even been a discussion, we would have been in). LSU lost to unranked teams.

In all honesty, it's all about hype, and OSU v LSU was chosen because both teams had been hyped so much and that's the match up people really wanted to see. It wasn't about quality of wins and losses... it was about making excuses so they could play that match up

are you talkin about this year or last year? cause this year LSU has only lost to Florida this year and they where #12. Last year i think every team LSU lost too was ranked but i may be wrong. however they got into the national championship game from luck, not from hype. they got in because pretty much everyone above them lost the last week of the season. But it doesnt matter, LSU may not have deserved to have been in but they wouldve beat any team they played in the NC game
Page 1 of 3