Hi all, about six months ago or so I bought an Ibanez RG2EX1 and I love it, but I am not really impressed with it's pickups. Right now it has the standard designed by EMG pickups in it, but the are kind of bland and my higher strings ( like E, B, and G ) are kind of faint compared to my other strings. I started thinking about getting new pickups and so I decided to post some questions since this is my first real guitar modification.

First off, I play mostly punk and metal, but I also like to play clean, so I was considering getting some seymour duncan pickups. Right now I am looking at a SH-4 JB for the bridge and a SH-1 '59 for the neck. Based on experiences, are this good pickups? I like the sound samples online from the website and I have been doing a little bit of research, but I was curious to what the UG users thought.

Secondly, how hard is it to change pickups for the first time? Besides a screw driver and the new pickups what other tools will I need to change my current pickups?

And lastly, does it matter what pickups I get? Right now my pickup configuration is H-H, but are there specific sizes and pickups I have to buy, or does it not really matter?

Thanks for reading and for any help, and if I do upgrade my guitar I'll post some pictures and such.
Any humbuckers will work. I dont think its too hard to replace pickups, since Duncan has diagrams that come with the pickups, and on their site. You will need a Soldering iron tho, and some solder. Id try an Alternative Eight from Duncan, as the JB might be too trebly and harsh.
Meh the JB is over rated. The '59 is good though. A lot of people like the Duncan Custom or Custom 5, and the Distortion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Right now I have a vox, which I know is the best amp for a lot of distortion, but I usually have it clean and I use a digitech weapon for distortion.