Recently, my brother has turned me on to some lossless/FLAC audio and converted High Quality MP3s. These MP3s are now on my iPod and there is a noticeable difference. Anyone here know of or is a part of any lossless audio sharing community or something like that? I recommend seeking out some lossless audio so you can be amzed at the difference. All I am part of so part is HQShare.
What is this lossless audio?
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by rorythefaggot
ITT: it is 2005.

Nice.

But the problem with FLAC is that 1 song can be like 40 mb, way too much...

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by mzhang13
Recently, my brother has turned me on to some lossless/FLAC audio and converted High Quality MP3s. These MP3s are now on my iPod and there is a noticeable difference. Anyone here know of or is a part of any lossless audio sharing community or something like that? I recommend seeking out some lossless audio so you can be amzed at the difference. All I am part of so part is HQShare.

Unless you were listening to 96 or 128 kbps mp3's then there won't be a noticable difference on an ipod. To appreciate FLAC and other lossless audio you'll need a crazy awesome sound system.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Sigged

lol..

and thats good for you ts.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

u guys know .wma is a lossless file dont you
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by selkies
u guys know .wma is a lossless file dont you

Now THAT'S sigged.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Sigged

Um, why did you add the period, you're not creating a real quote, you're just taking a snippet to make a failed effort to create something you think is funny.
FLAC is pretty cool, I used to be into the whole Zeppelin and Grateful Dead trading circles where .mp3 was a sin, you got a set from a vine, you had to rip using EAC into .wav and then compressed using .flac (or .shn) if you ever wanted to share later on. But yeah, it definitely sounds great to hear uncompressed audio.
Your best bet is to try and get into private torrent music trackers, there are often strong lossless communities there like at waffles.fm and what.cd.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Now THAT'S sigged.

you can rip lossless wma files though.

anyways, yeah unless you are going from 128k or lower mp3s theres not a whole lot of difference unless you are using a killer sound system.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
there isnt much difference ive just got into flacs. unless you have a decent soundcard and speakers. im about to get a good soundcard and valve poweramp so that should be interesting.