I recently got a pod xt live, it's awesome, sounds great, it's just that when i try to use the treadplate dual (mesa dual rec) amp, with the cab in the pod that would be for the same thing, it sounds WAY WAY TOO BASSY, to the point of being muddy, or like the tone knob on my guitar is all the way down and then some, in short the notes have no definition with that amp model, and unless i spend the money for the model packs that give me more amps, that is the only amp worth a crap for anything similar to metal

so my question is, does it sound so bassy and terrible because the speakers in the marshall combo i'm running the pod through suck and can't handle bass like that, or because i'm clueless how to get a useable tone?

if anyone has a pod xt and has any advice, i would be most appreciative
thanks
its the pod

modelers and multi effects processors have really crappy tone that you have to adjust to sound good on your personal equipment
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
I'm not a pod owner, but have had similar problems with pedals when they are set to have lots of bass. It seems most guitar amps simply aren't designed to handle huge bass sounds. I reckon you could fix it by getting a bass/keyboard amp or some monitors to play your pod through.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
first off, i KNOW it's not the pod, my brother has been playing guitar for alot longer than i have and has pretty much the same thing but makes his pod sound incredible, i at least can barely tell the difference between the pod and the dual rec he owns, accept for sound, and a SLIGHT difference in resonance, and such

so knowing that, is it me, or just that i need to get a PA or something?
Why bother running a model of an amp through the real thing?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Mesas are also naturally a REALLY bassy amp. It's kind of their trademark sound, you just gotta roll the bass knob back man. I'd do that on the head you're running the pod through first and see how that sounds, THEN try adjusting the knob on the pod.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
........ugh,

no, i'm saying that ON THE POD, i have the mesa head going into the mesa cab, and i'm putting my pod through my marshall combo, and my bro puts his pod through a PA with some power amp, don't know what
I AM a podxt and a podx3 owner, and these processors do not suck! honestly, i have yet to find better. What I think is the problem is the output you have setup. are you playing through headphones, or into an amp or a cabinet? the Podxt will let you make adjustments to it to compensate for the bass or treble coloring of your amp or cab. You need to get to the output screen by pressing the output and make sure it's either studio direct, or that you have it properly set up and adjusted for what you are playing through. I have used the dual rectifier model with tons of success on both the xt and the x3, i love it. and I too have it running through marshall vintage 30's, I call it TreadMarsh, I could potentially send you my settings if need be...
Use a Ts for add some treble. Cut whit the EQ some of the bass too. Compressor can still help
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Metalmaker
........ugh,

no, i'm saying that ON THE POD, i have the mesa head going into the mesa cab, and i'm putting my pod through my marshall combo, and my bro puts his pod through a PA with some power amp, don't know what

?...
so the answer is basically "get a similar set up to your brother".

Your problem is the amp.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis