Page 1 of 2
no they actually don't
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
No. They would be more impressed if you played for a Blink 182 cover band then if you played with Miles Davis.
Girls like guitarists, but they aren't going to freely give it up unless you look like a model.
I go for the band as a whole more than the individuals.

I can't stand girls that are like OMGZ PETE WENTZ IS TEH SEX AND M SHADOWZZZ *faints*
Yea most women dont know the famous guitar players, they just notice " OMG HE PLAyS GUITAR!!!"
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
They like "stylish" guitarists like SenorSmiley said.
And everyone claims to play the guitar these days anyway.
This is too funny

It depends on the girl. The dumb annoying ones will think you're really cool if you play some lame song, or they might just not care. A girl who appreciates musicianship or is also a musician will certainly be pleased.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i dont think people care anymore... where i come from, more than half the people own and say they play guitar (which only like, 10 of us do), and if your a bassist (like me ) then people just think ur either unique and kool, or they laugh and say, "haha, your musically handicapped" It hurts... being 1 of the only basissts in a high school
but girls dont care unless you're really good. or just play music they like
Quote by metaldud536
Does it matter?
I thought playing guitar was about enjoying the music, not the number of girls you can get with it.

+1

but yes,but it depends if they like the music im playing,theres this one chick who wanted panter,it was cool
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I notice Prince.

S'close enough.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by metaldud536
Does it matter?
I thought playing guitar was about enjoying the music, not the number of girls you can get with it.

lol

you're funny...
One of the things I find most attractive in a male is their musical ability *shrug* but its not limited to just guitar, even though guitar is definitely my favourite when it comes down to it.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
You have to fins a sexy girl with good taste in music.

For example, my wife and the girl I dated before her are both super sexy and like awesome music like The Beatles, The Stones, etc....

My wife is a twin and her chubby sister likes Creed.

You have to find a hot girl that knows what good music is. This can be done
They don't care unfortunately :/
unless it's a girl that is authentically into music or if she's just a groupie
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by vintage x metal
A girl who appreciates musicianship or is also a musician will certainly be pleased.

This is why my girlfriend first noticed me. She plays cello, and was impressed with my guitar skillz.
Depends how you define "great guitar playing". Most girls won't be impressed by your scale wanking shredding. In fact, most people won't. Usually just other annoying guitar nerds.
My [minimal] experience suggest that girls don't care much about guitarists, but do if you're in a band.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by NGD1313
Depends how you define "great guitar playing". Most girls won't be impressed by your scale wanking shredding. In fact, most people won't. Usually just other annoying guitar nerds.

This is true, but also it depends on the girl, if the girl is also an annoying guitar nerd, or into metal she may very well be impressed by that sort of thing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
it getse me noticed for sure, cuz it makes me seem like a bad guy. and girls like bad guys. but after they notice me, u need more than just being a guitarist to make it work, and unfortunately , i don't have it yet. it all just dpeneds on the girl though, cuz nowadays, girls dont have crushes on guitarists, its about the latest rapper or wateer.
what girl won't notice your exceptional ability to move your fingers fast?
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Okay, it seems there's a lot of male opinions about this, but not many actually from a female, which I am.

I've never been into bands like Fall Out Boy, or bands with pretty boys who think they're so totally awesome and measure their guitar skills by the amount of gel in their hair. As I am a guitarist myself, I prefer to listen to the guitar over anything, I focus more on the guitar than the vocals, drums, etc. As someone said above me, it depends if the girl actually appreciates the music itself. Its not so much about the image.

I think great guitar players are awesome.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

oh and another thing, that ridiculous and complicated solo/song that you are playing to impress people probably sounds ike ass without acompanment from a full band, wich is another reason why it fails to impress people.

Last.fm
guitar playing is (almost) always a plus when it comes to guys (i'm a girl).
it's not so much how amazing they are, but more how they use it.
like when guys write me songs, i fall head over heels for them.
but when they just play to show off, i honestly get bored.
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
This is true, but also it depends on the girl, if the girl is also an annoying guitar nerd, or into metal she may very well be impressed by that sort of thing.

You speak in synonyms my friend.
Quote by NGD1313
You speak in synonyms my friend.

I know quite a few annoying guitar nerds who are only into jazz and/or prog rock actually, they're actually a lot worse than meta heads.

Last.fm
I think a lot do.
Like, out of the 4 guys my girlfriend has seriously gone out with, 3 of us have been musicians. I know a few other girls who get a bit horny for musicians. But mostly, if we arent 50 Cent, we dont matter.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I find them sexy.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by metaldud536
I'm not funny. I'm F*CKING hilarious.

Mostly true.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
idk let me count the numbers of times guitar has got me laid
one...
tw---
oh wait i had counted to high before i reached one
I look good, i'm a musician (a good one) - i don't have a hard time.......

.......which is nice.
they don really care unless you sing some douchebaggy song. songs i label as "pussyrock"
Do NOT look behind you.
Quote by SenorSmiley
You have to fins a sexy girl with good taste in music.

For example, my wife and the girl I dated before her are both super sexy and like awesome music like The Beatles, The Stones, etc....

My wife is a twin and her chubby sister likes Creed.

You have to find a hot girl that knows what good music is. This can be done

Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Page 1 of 2