Hey, I'm trying to find a guitar that will fit the genres i like playing and that has a good feel for them.

Been playing for more than a year with a first act (lame as hell) and lately a relatives Ibanez RG-something.

I play mostly Modest Mouse, Blink 182, Offspring, 311, Weezer, Heavy Metal and some Bob Dylan...(way off i know).

So basically what I'm saying is something that can handle chords, solos, the works. Also I'm looking at a ~$500 price range. Thanks
The Epiphone G400 is a good place to start.

You can really get a wide range of tone from it if your amp is decent. Not only does it sound good, it's not very heavy either, the fret access is pretty much spot on, and it looks great.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I'd say something liek a SSH Strat.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I was looking at SGs but realized I would have to settle on a G-400 and IMHO they are the cheapest feeling guitar I have ever held in my hand.

I got this instead:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WI64-Electric-Guitar?sku=514236&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=65723183

Very simular to an SG. Everything about it is better than a G-400. Grover tuners, Buzz Feiten tuning system. Awesome neck. I just replaced the pickups and I would put this against any Gibson Special model or even an SG standard. It def plays better than a Gibson SG Special
I would say a Fender Stratocaster. Perfect for Blink 182, Weezer, 311, and Modest Mouse.
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
Quote by eurotrashed
I was looking at SGs but realized I would have to settle on a G-400 and IMHO they are the cheapest feeling guitar I have ever held in my hand.

I got this instead:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-WI64-Electric-Guitar?sku=514236&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=65723183

Very simular to an SG. Everything about it is better than a G-400. Grover tuners, Buzz Feiten tuning system. Awesome neck. I just replaced the pickups and I would put this against any Gibson Special model or even an SG standard. It def plays better than a Gibson SG Special

you already bought it?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by eurotrashed
huh? It is my suggestion to the TS

oops thought you were the TS lol. dammit you people need to get avatars
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by thechimp
I would say a Fender Stratocaster. Perfect for Blink 182, Weezer, 311, and Modest Mouse.

I hope you mean a SSH Strat because Blink 182 is high output humbucker at the bridge and nothing else. The Strats that Rivers Cuomo used were all double fat strats. The only single coils he used were Gibsons with P90s and a Jaguar and a Tele with a neck humbucker to record the blue album with. Now he uses Gibsons and Brian Bell, the backup guitarist, has played Gibsons for years. I would think 311 uses humbuckers also.
Quote by eurotrashed
I hope you mean a SSH Strat because Blink 182 is high output humbucker at the bridge and nothing else. The Strats that Rivers Cuomo used were all double fat strats. The only single coils he used were Gibsons with P90s and a Jaguar and a Tele with a neck humbucker to record the blue album with. Now he uses Gibsons and Brian Bell, the backup guitarist, has played Gibsons for years. I would think 311 uses humbuckers also.

it doesn't have to be the same exact guitar the bands use, just one that has a good overall sound quality and can be used for many genres. Such as a Strat.

I'm not an expert on all of the guitars people use. Actually, I'm not very good with specific models at all. You know much more than me (not being sarcastic)
The Bat-Mobile lost it's wheel and the Joker got away!
Quote by thechimp
it doesn't have to be the same exact guitar the bands use, just one that has a good overall sound quality and can be used for many genres. Such as a Strat.

I'm not an expert on all of the guitars people use. Actually, I'm not very good with specific models at all. You know much more than me (not being sarcastic)

I'm not saying it has to be exact, I am just saying a SSS would not be "perfect" and pointed out the use of humbuckers by those bands.

I love SSS Strats, but I also have a double humbucker guitar to compliment it. But if you are going to only have one guitar a SSH Strat would work nicely or a guitar with coil tap..
Epi G400
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
+1 to eurotrashed.

Since it looks to me like you only have one axe (that you're not happy with), I would go for a HSS strat or something similar for versitility's sake.
Quote by rocktag

Perfect for some Blink

Cause Tom Delonge is known for his sweet dive bombs.

None of his music needs a FR, it would just be another hassle for him.