Hey, I currently have a Squire Bullet Strat and I wanted to get a V-shaped guitar that better suits what I play (I play heavy and thrash metal), but I'm not willing to spend more than $300 on the guitar. Whatever guitar it maybe, I'm most definatley gonna switch out the pickups of the EMG 81/85s. I saw this guitar online and I'm wonderin' if anyone's played it or owned one and can tell me about how this guitar plays.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2004.html
I have a Line 6 Spider III 15w amp. I'm planning to get a better amp too, but I'll worry about that after I get a new guitar.
That is one of the sexiest headstocks I have seen on a V.....

Edit: On Topic :P

A Strat can still be 'metal' it's where your amp your sound is at.
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
I don't particularly recommend anything from Rondo Music other than Agiles, as I've heard serious horror stories about Douglas and SX.

ESP LTD V-200
Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX
Jackson JS30KV King V
Dean V
BC Rich Metal Master Kerry King V
Jackson JS30RR Randy Rhoads V

I happen to be a "radical-shape" enthusiast, myself, so I've tried a lot of V's.
I'm recommending all the $300 or less V's I've tried and liked.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I'm planning on getting the Douglas Fulcrum myself. Dont see how it can be that bad, specs look good, can always replace pups. A guitar is more about feel anyways
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Justice4AllOne
I don't particularly recommend anything from Rondo Music other than Agiles, as I've heard serious horror stories about Douglas and SX.

ESP LTD V-200
Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX
Jackson JS30KV King V
Dean V
BC Rich Metal Master Kerry King V
Jackson JS30RR Randy Rhoads V

I happen to be a "radical-shape" enthusiast, myself, so I've tried a lot of V's.
I'm recommending all the $300 or less V's I've tried and liked.

Thanks man! i'll defenately check those out. And what horror stories have you heard about this guitar?
Not the Fulcrum in particular, but about Douglas and SX, as brands.

I've heard things ranging from crappily done paint jobs, to frets that stretch so far off of the fretboard that it cuts your hands, to unwired electronics. All in all, it seems like once you fix the guitar (which may or may not cost more than the guitar), it'll be halfway decent, from what I've heard.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
Not the Fulcrum in particular, but about Douglas and SX, as brands.

I've heard things ranging from crappily done paint jobs, to frets that stretch so far off of the fretboard that it cuts your hands, to unwired electronics. All in all, it seems like once you fix the guitar (which may or may not cost more than the guitar), it'll be halfway decent, from what I've heard.

I'm getting one anyways, mostly because I'm stubborn and cant beat that price for the specs besides if its done poorly and I'll send it back, kurt's a cool dude
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Justice4AllOne
[

Yep. A friend of mine got two fulcrums in a row (the initial one and its replacement) with warped necks right out of the box. His luthier caught it on the first one when he took it in for a setup. The replacement had the same problem. Along with the warp, the fretboards are not leveled before the frets are installed which is another can of worms.

He ended up getting the Dean Mustaine you linked to above, got it setup fine and loves it.
They must have been on fcking drugs when the put the cable jack where they did!!! How the **** are u supposed to hold it without ****ing up yur cables....
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
btw, what are people's opinions on this? http://www.rondomusic.com/product1256.html

I thought it somewhat related to this thread.

Anyway, TS, it's probably OK. I've heard the QC is hit-and-miss though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jay I would recomend the ESP Aleix-200 model. It's a pretty nice guitar, great feel, and doesn't sound that bad for stock pickups. Replace themw ith EMG's and you should be set. And if I were ever to get a fulcrum it would be the red one
there good guitars but you will need to replace the tuners and the pickups those can be bought at guitarfetish.com
I would avoid Douglas in general.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
...the **** did you necrobump?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.