what? no one hates them....theyre awesome amps...rather have a jcm800 but theyre still awesome
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Can you tell me who hates them?

Because i would be oh so delighted as to e-slap them really hard.

O O

___
Because they're Marshalls.

Nah I can't say, never used one.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Acquiescence
everyone prefers the 800 to the 900....

That's because transistors in the preamp =/= all tube tone. That and the 900 has a stupid amount of gain and Marshall tone isn't about the gain.

I'd much rather an early 2204 over a 900.

The only JCM 900 I'd buy is an SL-X.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i like the way jcm900s sound!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

SL-X FTW.
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
silver jubilee's are my favorite Marshall's, rare but they sound so amazing
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's because transistors in the preamp =/= all tube tone. That and the 900 has a stupid amount of gain and Marshall tone isn't about the gain.

This, and while I agree with pretty much everything here in this statement, that doesn't make em bad.

If I needed a lot of gain, a 900 would be on my short list.

IIRC, the Silver Jube also has transistors in the pre amp.
yeah i like jubilees
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Well I have owned a JCM900 and didn't like it. Why? I was hoping for the classic Marshall tone. But that was not what it delivered... Really for modern high gain tones, it's great, but for my taste (vintage tones) it isn't!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
My GC has an old JCM900 head for like $799 used and kinda beat to hell, i really want it bad. lol
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by georgakis187
http://nl.youtube.com/user/georgakis187 anyone that says they sound like shit...just listen to this....no low end eh? pft losers...bandwagon losers who have never heard the amp

no ones saying it's a bad amp, therefore there is no bandwagon to jump on.

although i really don't like Marshalls as much as most fenders, but for Metal Marshall is probably the best
Quote by georgakis187
go get it...its a good price

i dont have the money..
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
no but lots of people DO say its a bad amp...which it isnt...its much better than most stuff under 1000 for metal
Quote by georgakis187
no but lots of people DO say its a bad amp...which it isnt...its much better than most stuff under 1000 for metal

I haven't seen anyone on this sight say it's a bad amp

and if they do say it, they're probably just talking about the stupidly high ammounts of gain it has
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

This
Quote by Swap-Meet
I haven't seen anyone on this sight say it's a bad amp

and if they do say it, they're probably just talking about the stupidly high ammounts of gain it has

they do trust me and i really dont think it has that high ammounts of gain i push mine with an od pedal so...
I used to have a JCM900 50w dual reverb half-stack and I would say my friends jcm800 2x12 combo sounded better. That said I loved it. Problem was the hit and miss reverb, the shrill cleans and the unusable excessive gain (i.e. past 3 o'clock).
But if you could push it the lower level distortions were great.
They are going second hand now incredibly cheap (saw one advertised for ~ AUD$800 yesterday) and if you already have a 4x12 cab it might be worth adding to your arsenal.
But if you really want heavy gain go a Mesa rectifier. If you want that Marshall tone go a JCM800.
Quote by Slackboy72
If you want that Marshall tone go a JCM800.

If you REALLY want that marshall tone, don't buy a Marshall. Buy a clone/
i know its not a marshally tone...but seriously i d say my amp sounds like a mesa-marshall hybrid...thast the only way i can describe it powerful low end with lots of saturation yet still has the British flavor to it. and the cleans are very clear and chimey...i dont know why you d call them shrill...then again i have the 100w version so that prolly gives a bit more headroom.
Also mine is loaded with jj el-34ls
Quote by mcrfobtai
If you REALLY want that marshall tone, buy a VINTAGE NON MASTER VOLUME SUPERLEAD

fixed
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

+1
Although i think that the 900 SL-X is a great amp, i also think it has some tough competition in the same price range. I'd for example get a 6505 or a fireball over a 900sl-x any day.

But as said befor: its not because people prefer the JCM 800 or the dsl above the 900, that the 900 is a bad amp. Not at all.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
So let me get this straight.

If they were the same price -

Marshall JCM800 > Marshall JCM900
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts