Poll: What are your strongest areas of intelligence?
Poll Options
View poll results: What are your strongest areas of intelligence?
Body/Kinesthetic
17 27%
Interpersonal
11 18%
Intrapersonal
35 56%
Verbal/Linguistic
23 37%
Logical/Mathematical
24 39%
Visual/Spatial
17 27%
Musical
46 74%
Naturalistic
17 27%
Voters: 62.
I'm currently in the process of writing a paper on Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. This basically says that we're all smart in different ways, and in the spirit of procrastination, I've decided to make a poll about the topic.

Now how I learned it, you would be graded on a scale of 0 to 5 on how well you operate within each level of intelligence, thus each person should have their own cognitive profile.

So UG, what do you feel is your strongest intelligence (try to keep it at top 3)?

Body/Kinesthetic
This area has to do with movement and doing. People are generally good at physical activities such as sports or dance and often prefer activities which use movement. People who have this intelligence usually learn better by getting up and moving around. They may enjoy acting or performing, and in general they are good at building and making things. They often learn best by physically doing something, rather than reading or hearing about it. Those with strong bodily-kinesthetic intelligence seem to use what might be termed muscle memory; for example they remember things through their body, rather than through words (verbal memory) or images (visual memory).

Interpersonal
This area has to do with interaction with others. People in this category are usually extroverts and are characterized by their sensitivity to others' moods, feelings, temperaments and motivations, and their ability to cooperate in order to work as part of a group. They communicate effectively and empathize easily with others, and may be either leaders or followers. They typically learn best by working with others and often enjoy discussion and debate.

Intrapersonal
This area has to do with introspective and self-reflective capacities. Those who are strongest in this intelligence are typically introverts and prefer to work alone. They are usually highly self-aware and capable of understanding their own emotions, goals and motivations. They often have an affinity for thought-based pursuits such as philosophy. They learn best when allowed to concentrate on the subject by themselves. There is often a high level of perfectionism associated with this intelligence.

Verbal/Linguistic
Verbal-linguistic intelligence has to do with words, spoken or written. People with verbal-linguistic intelligence display a facility with words and languages. They are typically good at reading, writing, telling stories and memorizing words and dates. They tend to learn best by reading, taking notes, listening to lectures, and via discussion and debate. They are also frequently skilled at explaining, teaching and oration or persuasive speaking. Those with verbal-linguistic intelligence learn foreign languages very easily as they have high verbal memory and recall, and an ability to understand and manipulate syntax and structure.

Logical/Mathematical
This area has to do with logic, abstractions, inductive and deductive reasoning, and numbers. While it is often assumed that those with this intelligence naturally excel in mathematics, chess, computer programming and other logical or numerical activities, a more accurate definition places emphasis less on traditional mathematical ability and more reasoning capabilities, abstract pattern recognition, scientific thinking and investigation, and the ability to perform complex calculations.

Visual/Spatial
This area has to do with vision and spatial judgment. People with strong visual-spatial intelligence are typically very good at visualizing and mentally manipulating objects. They have a strong visual memory and are often artistically inclined. Those with visual-spatial intelligence also generally have a very good sense of direction and may also have very good hand-eye coordination, although this is normally seen as a characteristic of the bodily-kinesthetic intelligence.

Musical
This area has to do with rhythm, music, and hearing. Those who have a high level of musical-rhythmic intelligence display greater sensitivity to sounds, rhythms, tones, and music. They normally have good pitch and may even have absolute pitch, and are able to sing, play musical instruments, and compose music. Since there is a strong auditory component to this intelligence, those who are strongest in it may learn best via lecture. In addition, they will often use songs or rhythms to learn and memorize information, and may work best with music playing in the background.

Naturalistic
his area has to do with nature, nurturing and relating information to one's natural surroundings. This is the eighth and newest of the intelligences, added to the theory in 1999. This type of intelligence was not part of Gardner's original theory of Multiple Intelligences. Those with it are said to have greater sensitivity to nature and their place within it, the ability to nurture and grow things, and greater ease in caring for, taming and interacting with animals. They may also be able to discern changes in weather or similar fluctuations in their natural surroundings. They are also good at recognizing and classifying different species. "Naturalists" learn best when the subject involves collecting and analyzing, or is closely related to something prominent in nature; they also don't enjoy learning unfamiliar or seemingly useless subjects with little or no connections to nature. It is advised that naturalistic learners would learn more through being outside or in a kinesthetic way.
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I'm a musical, visual, and linguistic person......
we had to do a little sheet on this in english
you forgot sexual
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
I'd say I'm Body, Interpersonel, Verbal/Linguistic, and Musical.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, Logical/Mathematical, and (sorry for listing 4), Musical.

Being a intrapersonal person first, and an interpersonal person second works out in a very interesting fashion sometimes.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Intrapersonal, musical, and naturalistic.

I sound like some gay hippy probably , but I'm not.
Quote by metaldud536
intrapersonal, visual/spatial, musical and naturalistic.

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT MANY!!!! GET OUT!!!!
Body/Kinesthetic-Would say about 3

Interpersonal-Maybe about 3 as well

Intrapersonal-4 or 5

Verbal/Linguistic-5

Logical/Mathematical-2

Visual/Spatial-4

Musical-4 or 5

Naturalistic-3

I am good at writing and over the years of playing guitar and being interested in music i have also developed a good pretty decent ear, in terms of interpersonal/intrapersonal, i tend to be able to get a good read on people but don't always know how to approach it straight away, so it takes me a little while to come out of my shell, intrapersonally i prefer to work alone with music if i'm doing say, an essay or something. In terms of linguistic and maths/logic i am good at telling and writing stories but terrible at maths, i just go completely blank.

I don't really know much about naturalism but as far as i know i am not too bright in that area.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I would personally say, although immodestly, that I am strong in all of those areas except for bodily or kinetic intelligence.
Although, I do use my limbs, fingers and such for music and art; which could be viewed as physical in some respect.
It would be hard to keep it to a top 3, but I suppose Verbal/Linguistic, Musical and Visual would be my strongest areas.
Intrapersonal, Verbal/Linguistic, Logical/Mathematical***, and Musical.

***I'm not good with Mathematics but I'm good with Logic.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Intrapersonal explains me very well. So that first, then Musical, then Verbal/Linguistic. Although at times I show Interpersonal traits as well.
Doesn't everyone have a little bit of everything, though?

EDIT: Of course that's just a top 3. I'm also somewhat Naturalistic.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Intrapersonal explains me very well. So that first, then Musical, then Verbal/Linguistic. Although at times I show Interpersonal traits as well.
Doesn't everyone have a little bit of everything, though?

EDIT: Of course that's just a top 3. I'm also somewhat Naturalistic.

That's why they grade it on a scale, usually everyone has a little bit of everything and I also believe that these intelligences can be interpreted as skills which can mature or decrease over time.

There is a still alot of criticism about this theory which is why it is still a theory. One point being that people can think minor skills mean much more than they do and mark it as a high score (i.e. a person enjoys football and is good at it, so they give themselves a high kinesthetic score although they show little other signs of deserving such a score).

Although it has alot of holes in it, I still personally believe it's a viable, if not at least an interesting way to look at the study of intelligence.

BTW I chose interpersonal, logical, and naturalistic
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Musical (I play guitar and drums) and interpersonal (I'm very social). There might be some others I dunno.
i wrote a paper on gardens theory, one of the better papers in my life =D
I took a test on this ages ago, I don't have a strong one, I'm a bit of them all.
I think many people on UG are strong on Musical... lol
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it