One of my friends graduated last year, and he did some thing where First Energy is paying for his college, and he's guaranteed a job right out of college at $45,000 a year. They said that if he wants to just keep going to he can get a higher paying job, they'll pay for him to continue his education. My engrish teacher also said something about one of her friends doing that in college, except he did it to be a camera person for the local news. I was wondering if anyone knows what it's called when you do that, because I'd like to look into what jobs will pay for some or all of your college (excluding the military).
You pretty much have to sell your soul away to the company and sign a conract with them.

I believe that normally you sign up to work with them first and then they provide you with the resources to get a college education. It is a pretty hefty contract that you have to sign.

Don't know what it is called, however.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
you generally appl for that sort of thing and sign a big contract with the company, which can often include things like making it mandatory that you haveno disciplinar/legal problems whie in college or you get the contract terminated, and you have to work for them for a few years.

It's also really hard to get that sort of deal too.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
clearly your "engrish" teacher isn't that good. lol j/ks.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by frottage
One of my friends graduated last year, and he did some thing where First Energy is paying for his college, and he's guaranteed a job right out of college at $45,000 a year. They said that if he wants to just keep going to he can get a higher paying job, they'll pay for him to continue his education. My engrish teacher also said something about one of her friends doing that in college, except he did it to be a camera person for the local news. I was wondering if anyone knows what it's called when you do that, because I'd like to look into what jobs will pay for some or all of your college (excluding the military).

Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
I personally would not lock myself up for a job that only pays $45000/year.
in australia, they have those with all sorts of companies
its called a cadetship, here. theyre usually very difficult to get, though. only very high achieving students get one because of the security of work, high pay and career prospects.

you have to be really, really sure that it's what you want to do, though, because theres really no going back.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by al112987
I personally would not lock myself up for a job that only pays $45000/year.

That's actually really good for something straight out of school. and you ony have to do that for a couple of years at the most.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
That's actually really good for something straight out of school. and you ony have to do that for a couple of years at the most.

I know people who will be making $100k+ their first job out of school.

edit: well, I take that back. a lot of my friends were into the whole i-banking thing, and with the stock market currently crashing, it doesn't seem likely that many of them will want to actual go into that line of work until the market goes back up. a few people I know though are looking at master of accounting degrees (its a 1 year program), and a lot of jobs pay relatively well out of school with a pretty nice potential for future earnings.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 13, 2008,