It seems to me that not enough people know about a great band called Jack's Mannequin. So the purpose of this thread is just to talk about Jack's Mannequin.
MG14
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
jack's mannequin is awesome! not gonna lie though kinda dissapointed with the new cd
They are an amayzing band. Andrew has a great voice.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
tons of people i know like them.. but i dont
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
already a thread?

I was thinking about getting the new CD. I never got the first one, but I love Dark Blue and The Mixed Tape.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77

I was thinking about getting the new CD.

The first is infinitely better. I gave the new CD a listen the other day (I was thinking of using it for this month's feature) but there was absolutely nothing that struck me about it. There was one track that actually caught my attention during the intro, but it lost all of its momentum within the first minute. Bland piano rock. Not worth your time.
Yeah newest cd isnt that great

love the other stuff though
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
The Glass Passenger; is a really good album in my opinion.

Really really good.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
It's a good album, but if you compare it to Everything in Transit, it's lackluster in the things that made Everything In Transit great.

TGP is more of a mature, music based album. It dabbles in everything they could get their hands on.

EIT was very much "These are the songs, these are the instruments I know and like, lets make this album". It is North, on a whole new level.

Dark Blue is not as good as She Paints Me Blue.

Personally my favourites off the new album;

Orphans
What Gets You Off
Annie Use Your Telescope
Hammers & Strings

LEAST Favourites;

Crashin'
Spinning
Bloodshot (least favourite)
The Resolution

where as EIT

Favourites;

The entire album.

The entire album is brilliance. It had a purpose, andrew was dying and he had broken up with Kelly. He had a story to tell. With TGP, he wasn't trying to tell a story as much as get a point across. And it's easy to hear that.

I love JM. As much as I love Say Anything.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
New CD faves:
Lullaby
American Love
Bloodshot
What Gets You Off
Caves
Suicide Blonde

Least faves:
Orphans
Annie Use Your Telescope
Spinning
Swim

As for comparing this to the debut, its rougly the same. EIT had crap like MFEO and Into the Airwaves on it, but then really great stuff like Dark Blue/Rescued/Bruised/Mixed Tape on it. Still... none of this is as good as Leaving Through the Window.
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
MFEO needs the mood. It's as good as the Ending of caves, but you go into Caves lisetning to different things. And Into The Airwaves is one of those ones you won't like unless you connect with it.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by Auals
It's a good album, but if you compare it to Everything in Transit, it's lackluster in the things that made Everything In Transit great.

TGP is more of a mature, music based album. It dabbles in everything they could get their hands on.

EIT was very much "These are the songs, these are the instruments I know and like, lets make this album". It is North, on a whole new level.

Dark Blue is not as good as She Paints Me Blue.

Personally my favourites off the new album;

Orphans
What Gets You Off
Annie Use Your Telescope
Hammers & Strings

LEAST Favourites;

Crashin'
Spinning
Bloodshot (least favourite)
The Resolution

where as EIT

Favourites;

The entire album.

The entire album is brilliance. It had a purpose, andrew was dying and he had broken up with Kelly. He had a story to tell. With TGP, he wasn't trying to tell a story as much as get a point across. And it's easy to hear that.

I love JM. As much as I love Say Anything.

I actually thought EIT was a more sophisticated LTTW.

And TGP, was a more sophisticated North.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
She Paints Me Blue is a Something Corporate song

EDIT: You probably all new that
Last edited by Snow Patrol at Nov 3, 2008,
Quote by sloppyjoe109
I actually thought EIT was a more sophisticated LTTW.

And TGP, was a more sophisticated North.

I can't compare EIT to anything really. It's the album that changed my life completely. From a musical and lyrical standpoint. Its lyrical meshing combined with the simplistic brilliance of its music actually messed with me a lot. I couldn't imagine how some of the songs (La La Lie) for instance could be so simple while sounding intense.

However, my favourite JM song is Last Straw.

And to the guy above me. Yes, we all knew that... however Andrew has said that She Paints Me Blue, Dark Blue and Swim are all part of the "blue" trilogy.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
we listen to eerything in transit at work, and i love it. its never coming out of the sound system
I'm such a JM fanboy that I actually haunt JM.org (jacksmannequin.org it's another forum site) just as much, if not more than I haunt UG I'm on there right now.

There's some GREAT live shows you can download, videos, guest appearances, interviews. It's great if you practically want to stalk them

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Actually I just realized what I associate EIT with... traveling. I travel lots and EIT is perfect travel music. I don't remember the last time I flew on a plane without listening through the entire album... same for taking buses, whether it be from Vancouver to Seattle or from my house to the campus (yeah, its a nasty 45-minute trip ) Clearly Andrew managed to get his point across well... Everything's In Transit
Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.
Jack's Mannequin is now going to be at the Australian Soundwave, and I bought tickets today. I'm on cloud nine.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
I always thought everyone knew about Jack's Mannequin. Saw them live last year; wasn't disappointed
a lot of people are saying the glass passenger isn't very good. at first i didn't like it very much, but it starts to grow on you. now it's one of my favorite albums. all the real jack's mannequin fans will like it, so go buy it!
MG14
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
"Dark blue, dark blue. Have you ever been alone in a crowded room?"
- Dark Blue (obviously)

So beautiful.
Quote by mg14
a lot of people are saying the glass passenger isn't very good. at first i didn't like it very much, but it starts to grow on you. now it's one of my favorite albums. all the real jack's mannequin fans will like it, so go buy it!

You can't say that "real jacks fans will like it", it's a different direction. That's like saying that all Radiohead fans MUST like "Kid A" or "Ok Computer" even though they're weird as hell.

I didn't like The Glass Passenger when I first heard it, I still don't like some of the songs on it. It doesn't click with me in the same way as EIT does, but I still respect it. And I love songs like Orphans and What Gets You Off, even though I REALLY don't like songs like "Bloodshot" and "The Resolution".

Real fans won't have a problem saying whether they like an album or not. Only "fangirls/fanboys" like a song simply because it was written by a band even if they don't really like it.

For Example, I love EIT with a passion, it is one of those albums that changed the way I think about music. But I still don't like "Lonely For Her" all that much.

Make sense?

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
bumpity because they're playing reading festival and im realllly excited for them

^ have to agree with auals last post, some of glass passenger is weak but some is great imo.